Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you know I have my Alexa girl which is clearly a bully mix of some sort. Well my fiance just got told we can have a house, for free (inherited) but theres bad news....its in Springfield MO which has BSL laws in place already. Now my question is..her adoption papers say american bulldog mix...is there any way I can get around the bsl?? they wont even allow her to live there if not and we are in a bad place and getting a home for free is something we cant pass up. I do not want to get rid of my pup...please help..any advice?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
So as you know I have my Alexa girl which is clearly a bully mix of some sort. Well my fiance just got told we can have a house, for free (inherited) but theres bad news....its in Springfield MO which has BSL laws in place already. Now my question is..her adoption papers say american bulldog mix...is there any way I can get around the bsl?? they wont even allow her to live there if not and we are in a bad place and getting a home for free is something we cant pass up. I do not want to get rid of my pup...please help..any advice?
I'm not all on the up and up on these BSL laws that are in certain states. Wouldn't an American Bulldog be considered a "pit bull" type dog according to BSL? I'm pretty sure it would. That would be pretty sad to have to re-home your dog but I see your dilemma. Unfortunately, whether it's a pit bull, bully, or some kind of bully mix it will be labeled a Pit bull in the BSL eyes. I wish you the best of luck with everything and I hope you can keep your dog :(

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well...what other breeds does she look like? Lol my guess is that you're going to have to do a little bit of lying...

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Although I do not agree with lying about what breed your dog is, if that is what needs to be done to keep her then I would do it, but as Sharon stated you ned to know the exact wording of the BSL laws in Springfield, MO. I know a friend who shows APBT's that lives tehre and he has never said antying to me, hmmm gonna have to do some research for ya. Give me at least today and i will see what I can find :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read through the whole law. I have found my loopholes I need now. ):) first of all, the house wont be in my name...my license says clever mo....we will have a privacy fence...so if anyone says anything...im just "visiting"....oh the things you have to do to own a breed of dog..geesh

·
Registered
115 Posts
I live about 70 miles south of Springfield and that's the absolute closest I'd even consider living there.I hate everything about that town and wouldn't move there if someone would give me the nicest house there,but with that being said,good luck with whatever you decide to do.Personally,I'd sell the house and move out of town.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Awesome news I am super happy to hear this :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol we have like no money at the moment...would take forever to save up to find a place...so when this fell in our laps...we cant turn it down. This is the big break we needed! trust me i hate springfield too lol.

plus i also finally have a job interview tomorrow! ahhh wish me luck :p.

you live 70 miles south? its cool to see a fellow Missourian :D

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
OOO GOOD LUCK, let us know how things turn out :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Awesome news and best of luck to you on your interview :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
lol we have like no money at the moment...would take forever to save up to find a place...so when this fell in our laps...we cant turn it down. This is the big break we needed! trust me i hate springfield too lol.

plus i also finally have a job interview tomorrow! ahhh wish me luck :p.

you live 70 miles south? its cool to see a fellow Missourian :D
I understand,sometimes you just have to take what you can get.I wished I knew something to tell you about the BSL problem there but I'm not sure what you can do.I hope you can keep your dog.Good luck on that job interview.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts