Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my pit's name is arieal we bought her from breeders in some wierd town"olde code bulldoggs", was the name of the kennel. what i don't understand is what my dog is for sure the lady told me that she was a razors edge. The Sire on the ukc paperwork says "Ripped from the olde code", and the Dame is " Black Diamond". can someone please help me out?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
If its razors edge then you have an american bully most likely. can you list the other names on the ped or paste a photo of it here

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Post up the ped when you get it. You probably have an Am Bully but won't know for sure until I see ped and picture of the dog.

·
Banned
119 Posts
if the papers say american pit bull terrier is that what they are cause im told one of mines ancesters (throwin Knuckles) is a bully so how do you know

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
If it's UKC paperwork it will say APBT because they don't recognise the bully as a breed yet. Have a look around the Bully 101 section for some more in depth information, mate. Lauren (pitbullmamanatl) runs it.

Reactions: Sadie

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
if the papers say american pit bull terrier is that what they are cause im told one of mines ancesters (throwin Knuckles) is a bully so how do you know
IMO he's an Amstaff. Throwin Knuckles was used as the Razor's Edge foundation male so technically he was around before the term "bully" came into use.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Not every dog that has RE in the ped is bully as there were breeders in the 90s who used RE dogs but did not take their kennel in the bully direction.

·
Registered
187 Posts
my pit's name is arieal we bought her from breeders in some wierd town"olde code bulldoggs", was the name of the kennel. what i don't understand is what my dog is for sure the lady told me that she was a razors edge. The Sire on the ukc paperwork says "Ripped from the olde code", and the Dame is " Black Diamond". can someone please help me out?
Your dog would be an "olde code bulldoggs" because that is who bred the dog. Your dog may have very well been bred from RE dogs some where in the linage, but unless the dog was bred by RE kennels it is not a RE dog, it just has them in its pedigree.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Without seeing a pedigree we can't tell you how the dog is bred or who bred what. When you get the pedigree post it up and we will look it over. Until then your guess is as good as mine. FYI if the dogs in your pedigree are all RE dogs it doesn't matter who bred it that's what the dog is. Once you get it back post it up and we will help you.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Without seeing a pedigree we can't tell you how the dog is bred or who bred what. When you get the pedigree post it up and we will look it over. Until then your guess is as good as mine. FYI if the dogs in your pedigree are all RE dogs it doesn't matter who bred it that's what the dog is. Once you get it back post it up and we will help you.
:goodpost::goodpost: lol A lot of dogs in the beginning that carried the RE name were not even bred by Dave Wilson lmmfao

·
Registered
187 Posts
This would be an example of a Razor's Edge Dog

Bossco

This would be an example of a dog with a Razor's Edge bloodline

Nuke

While there is nothing set in stone with the UKC about how a dog should be named on the pedigree there is a some common breeder's etiquette. That is why your dog does not have Razor's Edge in its name, because it was not bred by Razor's Edge.

There were actually 3 people apart of RE.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Your better then most of us if you think you can assume a dogs linage without first seeing the dogs pedigree and actually knowing the dogs in the pedigree and what's behind them. It's very premature and foolish of you to speculate otherwise. This thread is not about what makes a dog a RE dog we actually have plenty of information on this forum regarding the history of the line and the major players behind it. This thread is about helping a newbie break down his dogs linage and without seeing a pedigree no one hear can give him that information. To the OP if you wish to read up on the history of the RE line and the foundation dogs behind the line, we have some excellent threads here that will give you a better perspective.

http://www.gopitbull.com/bullies-101/32418-razors-edge.html

http://www.gopitbull.com/bullies-101/32818-razors-edge-representatives-foundation.html

1 - 20 of 51 Posts