Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but IDK where else I could say this where others would understand the pain. I am missing my Mable and Neela so bad today it hurts. I am still finding myself floating through the stages of coping. I am soo ready to say goodbye to 2011 it's not even funny. It's been a rough year all around even without the loss of the girls. Anyone else have a rough year?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
very rough year, but not on a animal level more family,lost my grandpa, dealing with some serious issues with my mom right now she is really sick, I agree I cant wait for the new year. Im really sorry for your loss of your beloved dogs, not really anything we can say to take that hurt and emotion away hopefully time will heal that for you :(

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
yes ive had a rough yr lost our dad a yr and ten days after we lost our mother so i understand your pain i hope your heart is eased knowing they are romping in dog heaven waiting for your arrival at those golden bars be blessed and a blessing to others everywhere you go o yea btw have a wonderful thanksgiving aswell

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
I'm sorry chica, ive been missing alot of my old fur babies latly to :( kepp your chin up it will get better :hug:

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
I can't wait for 2011 to finish as well. Hopefully God restores you soon :(

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
sucks to go through stuff, but they say it makes you stronger. I am so sorry for your lose and will try to speed 2011 up for you since that means I am closer to summer :)

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I feel you. I lost my Cuda on New Year's Eve what will be three years ago. No more "ringing in the New Year" for me ever again. Not an hour goes by that I don't think about how I lost Cuda and Jack within 10 months of eachother. I wish I could get a sign that they are alright, that they forgive me for anything I did wrong, and that they know that I love them despite getting two more pups in my life. It really is a hole that has never been filled and my life has not been as joyous since. They were my rocks, my anchors. I would give all that I have to be with them again and go back to those times. ****, I'd settle for a dream once in awhile, but my brain has repressed so many thoughts and memories of them. A defense mechanism I suppose. I can't stand having to accept that looking at a picture of them is the best it gets. So sorry you feel this pain as well.

·
Registered
901 Posts
So sorry for your loss. We have found talking about them and their adventures help with the healing process. Even though it is has been several years. We feel our beloved is still with us looking over us as we teach and love our new pets guiding us to the right path by learning from the mistakes we made previously. May you keep your loved ones forever in your heart and smile at their adventures.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There is always someone out there who has gone through what you have gone through and has felt what you feel. You are never alone! Talking about them definitely helps so feel free to share their 'romps' with us.
We promise to laugh with you and cry with you. Many great people are here and have done just this with me. Loss is never easy and I am deeply sorry for your loss. Hopefully
you will heal quickly. They may be gone (only for now), but they will never be forgotten!

"Our prayer and God's mercy are like two buckets in a well; while the one ascends, the other descends."

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hard year here too on both animal and human levels. We lost Hannah and Tia within a month of each other and than cancer with our Vegas girl. Almost lost my marriage of 21 years and mom was diagnosed with COPD. Finally, dealing with work was harder this year than ever before- more stress and hassle.

So, I hear ya'! I'm ready to see the back end of 2011 and just hope 2012 will lighten up some.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry to hear that all of yall had a rough year as well.

I just keep looking back and remembering things about my Sweet Cheeks that made me so frickin' proud of her. I remember the day we were clearing out the woods behind our home and the little trees (about 4-6 inches in diameter) were stuck in vines and it was difficult for me to be on the opposite side of the fence to pull them out... i remember looking back at neela who had this "are you retarded?" expression on her face. I'll remember that look until the day I die... i got pissy with her and told her "why don't you just PULL it and help me out why don't you?" and she immediately knew what I was talking about and jumped up and grabbed the tree right behind my arm and helped me pull out several trees that day.

I trained her to be a search dog because she came to work with me for so long. I work in foreclosures so you never know if a house that is supposed to be vacant in a rough neighborhood is REALLY vacant. We used to have a routine where I would stand at the door and announce that I was there and I had a dog and if they wanted to leave they should now. Neela remembered that phrase and one day i accidently dropped the leash. She ran in the house and searched every room and closet like we normally do on leash and she came back to the front door so proud of her self.

Mable, and poor ol Mable came to me in so messed up, every day was a proud moment for me with her. She couldn't walk and before she passed away she was running and jumping on the couch, she mastered the stairs and memorized my entire acre of land before she lost her vision so it was no problem for her to get around as long as we didn't rearrange anything. She was our lap dog, our "take no crud from any of the other dogs" kinda gal. She even put crazy Neela in check. :rain: After two-three days after having her you could really start to see the appreciation on her face when she looked at me. She would have died years ago if I didn't step in.

I just hope that one day I will see them again.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
those are some pretty awesome memories, seems like you did your best for them every day and they knew that. No dog would do what they did for you if you werent the kind of owner you are.I hope alot more of those happy memories with them fill your heart to where it doesnt hurt so much.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
This year has totally sucked. I lost my Marley and it's really hard to get back into normal routine with out him. Sometimes when I'm outside I still expect to see him running around the corner, or hear him bark at something. It's so hard when they've been with you for so long. Marley was a huge part of my life and I don't think I'd even be here today if it wasn't for him. :(

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Heck yeh,, but the trick is to remember the blessings already in place that is being disguised by the curses that make us limit the potential in ourselves..

Gramma died, Grampa lost it (dementia), couldnt make it to Okla then or now..
Got my D finalized last January (happy birthday)
Got hurt at work, and have to file suit against mesh company for my patch used in my hernia surgery.
Can't do manual labor still and didnt qualify for extended benefits cause I was on seasonal..
Low income POS job @... Hurandthur Skreipin By.

.................... I think I need a pooper scooper this :poop:'s gettin thick!
:rofl:

Hope your 2012 is rockstar status all the way! Live it up.. we only breath once...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
its been tough all the way araound here too...

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Don't know how I missed this thread. I am so ready for this year to be over. This was our first year without Brutus. We are still adjusting to life without our old timer :(

Also, my husband hasn't been able to work since March due to a spine injury. He has had two major spine surgeries. His short term disability ran out at the end of September and long term disability has been giving us the runaround. I have had to be wife, provider, and caretaker all while working full time and going to school. Mike finally got cleared to go back to work and starts at a new job next week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts