Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does this sound ok guys?

Hey mr. lawson, my name is christopher spence, i am 19 years old . i am a roanoke rapids citizen, and also a proud owner of an american pit bull terrier. I've been doing alot of reading lately about breed specific legislation, and every website i pull up that has roanoke rapids under bsl it says it is being discussed. What ever happened with bsl here?Is the leash and chain law the only part that was passed? thank you so much for your time and i hope to hear back from you real soon.

that made me feel alot better!!

Reactions: MY MIKADO

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol well i got an error to that email adress so i emailed the mayor, hope he emails back, he's not a very friendly person.. but well see

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Yeah let us know what you hear back.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the mayor emailed me back with his phone number.. so i called him last night and talked to him for about an hour. He didnt even know what bsl is and yet it was being discussed while he was still in office. But after i explained what it was he explained that the only thing that ever past here was a strict leash law and it is illegal to have your dog on a chain unless you are out there with it.. This made me feel so much better about it. lol.. i think i called everyone i knew after speaking with him.

Reactions: MY MIKADO

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
I find it odd he didn't know what BSL was, only thing I can think of is that you must not have a huge problem with irresponsible pet owners there..That's awesome that you were able to teach a city official something..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I find it odd he didn't know what BSL was, only thing I can think of is that you must not have a huge problem with irresponsible pet owners there..That's awesome that you were able to teach a city official something..
yea it was wierd.. but he told me i could ride up to city hall tuesday and have the ordinance printed off if i wanted it for future reference.. idk he was pretty cool about everything

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
Good deal! You can help prevent problems too yunno, Whenever you see people walking dogs off leash take the time to inform them. My brother will take pics on his camera phone and send them right to the sheriff's office right there on the spot..lol
I myself have a big problem with this so I always take the time to inform people that are going to ruin it for everyone..All it takes is one of these off leash dogs to come up to me while I am walking Rocky and guess who's going to be the bad guy?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Good deal! You can help prevent problems too yunno, Whenever you see people walking dogs off leash take the time to inform them. My brother will take pics on his camera phone and send them right to the sheriff's office right there on the spot..lol
I myself have a big problem with this so I always take the time to inform people that are going to ruin it for everyone..All it takes is one of these off leash dogs to come up to me while I am walking Rocky and guess who's going to be the bad guy?
That's a really good idea! I never thought about doing that.

GOOD JOB contacting your officials and discussing BSL! Kudos to you.
I agree, good for you! :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.