Go Pitbull Forums banner

I found this guy today..

Tags
found guy today
2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  angelbaby 
#1 ·
So I took my 2 dogs and my sisters in laws dog to the base ball park like I normally do, and I saw this dog:doggy: crossing the street limping and almost got hit a few times by different cars. Next thing you know he is playing :pupruns: with all the dogs having fun:pup:. Eventually it was time to go and I couldnt just leave him there so i brought him to my house.

I bathed him and I noticed he has some bald spots on his head and side of his face and scabs on his ears. I took him to my vet and she said it was some type of bacteria, fungus on his ears and that he had ring worm on his head. So she gave me some ointments for me to give to him, i guess we will see how that works out. What do you guys think it is? Could the bald spots be possible mange?

See less See more
#2 ·
the one on the inside of the ear looks alot like ringworm and did your vet not do a skin scrape? thats really the only way to tell unless it was full blown ya know but then they would still have to do a scrape to setermine if its demadetric or sarcoptic. and i probally dident spell either one of those right but you get the point and thats a good lookin fella cudos to you for what you did

#5 ·
Awesome job by you dude!

Texasgame is right. I would get a scraping done on him to know for sure.
And if it ain't mange...ide put him on cephalexin for a couple weeks.

Cute pup...ill keep my ears posted for anyone looking for a pup

#8 ·
it has only really been a day but it looks like the antibiotics are healing the fungus/ringworm, if it stops to progress i definitely want to get a scraping to see if it could be mange or w/e. as far as the limp goes we are going to give it a week or two to see if its something major, but the vet doesn't think its a big injury when he examined him, there was no broken bones or any fractures. I found 3 people that want him but im not sure what i want to do yet to be honest. Thanks for the advice all.

#9 ·
have you tried to locate the owners yet? id look on CL and contact the shlelters if noone claims him then its up to you what to do. He is cute, if that is ring worm though { kinda looks like it round and all} it is contagious to both humans and other animals so be careful with that, it isnt life threatning or anything but can be a pain in the you know what to get rid of. best of luck with him , keep us all updated on what happens :)

#10 ·
Update, well it has been a few days since we have found Rocko(his new name) and no luck on finding his owner. We let the pound know and left our info in the nearest pet stores and have even checked craigslist. There is a few people that want him but none i feel comfortable with to give Rocko to. If we find the owner great if not we are probobly going to keep him. Our current dogs get along with him great and he is fitting in with out a prob.

#11 ·
Thanks for saving him. If you don't find the owner I hope you can keep him :)

#12 ·
Thats great he is fitting in , hopefully he continues to but being a member on here I know you know the risks and know how to be prepared for them :) Lucky boy to have found you, keepus updated with more pics :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.