Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Ive been having a problem with getting flys away from my dogs. I built a kennel with concrete floor for the dogs and pick up their waste daily, and hose it down. But I just can seem to get rid of the flys. Also notice flys around their food when i feed them. I already sprayed the yard with some spray i got at the local pet supply store for bugs and stuff. Theres not as many flys now but now I need to do something about their food. Any suggestions on sprays or powders for the yard and or something to put in their food that will make the flys stay away will be very helpful. thanx.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
We're having some flies here, too, although not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. It seems like there's a fly season, and then it ends. We use Eqyss marigold spray which keeps the flies off the dogs for a while. I've also heard that dryer sheets repel flies, so maybe try tying one on your dogs' collars. As far as repelling flies from the food, I dunno, my dogs don't let food lay around. Maybe adding a little minced garlic? I've noticed that the flies don't get in my food prep pot when I've mixed garlic in there. *shrug*

·
Registered
776 Posts
We're having some flies here, too, although not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. It seems like there's a fly season, and then it ends. We use Eqyss marigold spray which keeps the flies off the dogs for a while. I've also heard that dryer sheets repel flies, so maybe try tying one on your dogs' collars. As far as repelling flies from the food, I dunno, my dogs don't let food lay around. Maybe adding a little minced garlic? I've noticed that the flies don't get in my food prep pot when I've mixed garlic in there. *shrug*
oh thats because you have vampire flies .. they no like garlic!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You can put a fly trap out on the other side of you kennels so lure them away. They also have foggers that might work but you would have to do them like 3 times a day. These types of foggers can rage from $80 to over $1,000 they work for several hours and might help when the flys are the worst. I am looking into trying it out this year we get them bad too.
Burgess Bug Killer, Propane Fogger - Outdoor - Lambert Vet Supply

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
You can put a fly trap out on the other side of you kennels so lure them away. They also have foggers that might work but you would have to do them like 3 times a day. These types of foggers can rage from $80 to over $1,000 they work for several hours and might help when the flys are the worst. I am looking into trying it out this year we get them bad too.
Burgess Bug Killer, Propane Fogger - Outdoor - Lambert Vet Supply
I like the fogger... :clap: :goodpost: its probably a great investment in all of the products available.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanx, i tried the garlic in the food and it worked and the dogs still ate it. Now i just need to work on the yard:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts