Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my friends house in the weekend she has a shitzu, he is the most insecure dog i have EVER met, here me walking past him to go the kitchen about 1.5mtrs away and the little **** bit me on the leg, it is quite deep, i wanted to boot that little *beep* down the road.
And there was nothing done about it. The dog wasnt told NO or givin a twack, ect so he will keep doing it to anyone who visit.
:mad:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
see that irritates me , alot of small dog owners make excuses for the way there dogs act and baby them to the point it hurts them. They are still dogs and should be treated as such. too bad its your friend or I woulda placed a complaint , small dogs that bite should be reported and treated the same as a big dog that bites IMO.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Gah, my mom has a cocker like that. i just want to put that little turd in a chokehold.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see that irritates me , alot of small dog owners make excuses for the way there dogs act and baby them to the point it hurts them. They are still dogs and should be treated as such. too bad its your friend or I woulda placed a complaint , small dogs that bite should be reported and treated the same as a big dog that bites IMO.
Exactly thats what i though and my mate that was also there got bit 3 times but luckly he has jeans on and no blood was drawn.
I hate the little ****er, theres no excuse for a dog to bite a human!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
My mom was given a little ankle biter for her birthday--a little chihuahua. She even acts like she is going after someone she is disiplined. My little granddaughter is only 16 months old but that pup knows she is not to jump on her or nip at her. She used to jump up to try and get to the baby's face and she learned real quick that was not accepted. Now the baby will tell her quit and she listens. I think little dogs usually need more training because of owners letting them get away with waaaaaay too much. Little dogs are sneakier then big dogs. A big dog will a lot of times give off a signal that something is up and we sometimes miss that signal in a little dog.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
my dad has a little pom x papillon and he is great with my kids , I have never seen him nip at anyone . he will bark and bark at you if he doesnt like you or is unsure of you but not once has he bit someone and my dad n his girlfriend wouldnt ever put up with that. they bring him over once in awhile and he gets to play with the big dogs they feel its the small dogs who are picked up all the time when a big dog is around are the ones with problems. They never learn how to be around another dog larger then them and it can start problems when they try to act dominent over them. I think its all about how the small dog is raised and what training and boundarys are givin. I agree with you I do think they need more training and following up then our big dogs becasue of how much they are allowed to get away with stuff. I stand by my words though a biting small dog should be treated like a big biting dog. being small doesnt make them stupid lol as you stated he knows not to jump on the baby I think they just push the boundarys a bit more often then big dogs , the majority of dog problems come down to the owner. I was always told growing up riding horses my trainer always said if something goes wrong , if I fall off, If I get stepped on or kicked 99% of the time I was in the wrong, wrong place, wrong approach , wrong command ect very seldom is it the animal i think this is true with most situations with animals.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
See that's why I don't like small dog OWNERS!!! We have a chi and she is perfectly trained and socialized because we didn't treat her any dif then the big dogs. I woulda kick the little mutt then let the owner have an earful!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts