Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been TRYING to read up and study confirmation and faults and such and not being able to see pictures because of stupid Photobucket is really irritating the snot out of me.:snap::curse::mad:

I know it's a horse well-beaten but it is really under my skin tonight. Rant over....

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I ended up on Diane Jessup's site. I've been there before for different stuff but I spent a lot of time on the conformation steps the other night. I'm going to take pics of the dogs and practice with the lines and whatnot. I will definitely check them both out!

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I'm here for ya if you need to bounce ideas around. :) I miss how busy this site used to be! I miss DOTM!

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Great site Indie I have used both. Ciaramama if you got questions post them here, maybe we could help you. I have been studying the ADBA standard. Two seasoned judges so I I could help with all that let me know. I still got a a lot to learn but will do what I can to learn.
Indie I agree i haven't been on in a while, but when I do come on I remember the days when there were so many people here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am new to this forum, only a week or two...there is a lot of great information on here, even when I google something, one of the top 5 choices usually one of them is gopitbull.com...so it seems like a good source of information..

I have had no issues with any one yet...

But one thing I have seen in the few threads I have read..is the same problem I have seen that plagues many other forums and ultimately destroys them...

And that is there becomes a core few, who all stick together and that is fine..but anyone new who comes on and may not be 100% educated yet, yet are willing to learn...are met with hostility (even though the rules say not to) it seems acceptable if it is from those few people...

Like is someone in their first few posts says "my pit bull"

It would be better to say "hey new user, how are you? Just to let you know, the word pit bull is not used for such and such reason, we prefer the name American Pit Bull Terrier, for this reason"

Instead of "no your dog is not a pit bull, out bulls don't exist, why do you even have a dog if you don't know it's not a pit bull, just stick to raising a house plant" (ps the site is called goPITBULL not go American pit bull terrier, it is understandable if someone calls it a pitbull)

I'm sure being approached with that type of attitude has driven many people away..and again this is not an issue that is exclusive to this site...I have seen it before many many times elsewhere

We have to understand that not everyone who registers, has been a judge for 20 years or owns a kennel that breeds champions...a lot of people, like myself, came to educate themselves, and learn how to provide the best life possible for their new family member..

Will I or anyone know everything and every term perfectly at first? No...help educate instead of crucify, and this site could grow back to what it once was..

This is just my opinion, and like I said...I personally have been met with nothing but kindness, so I have nothing but good experiences here...but most threads I have been in in here is brutal to read...

And many might be intimidated to post, for fear of wording something wrong and being publicly humiliated because of it

But maybe that was the past..let's hope...

And let's grow together...each one teach one...

One love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I am new to this forum, only a week or two...there is a lot of great information on here, even when I google something, one of the top 5 choices usually one of them is gopitbull.com...so it seems like a good source of information..

I have had no issues with any one yet...

But one thing I have seen in the few threads I have read..is the same problem I have seen that plagues many other forums and ultimately destroys them...

And that is there becomes a core few, who all stick together and that is fine..but anyone new who comes on and may not be 100% educated yet, yet are willing to learn...are met with hostility (even though the rules say not to) it seems acceptable if it is from those few people...

It would be better to say "hey new user, how are you? Just to let you know, the word pit bull is not used for such and such reason, we prefer the name American Pit Bull Terrier, for this reason"

Instead of "no your dog is not a pit bull, out bulls don't exist, why do you even have a dog if you don't know it's not a pit bull, just stick to raising a house plant" (ps the site is called goPITBULL not go American pit bull terrier, it is understandable if someone calls it a pitbull)

I'm sure being approached with that type of attitude has driven many people away..and again this is not an issue that is exclusive to this site...I have seen it before many many times elsewhere

We have to understand that not everyone who registers, has been a judge for 20 years or owns a kennel that breeds champions...a lot of people, like myself, came to educate themselves, and learn how to provide the best life possible for their new family member..

Will I or anyone know everything and every term perfectly at first? No...help educate instead of crucify, and this site could grow back to what it once was..

This is just my opinion, and like I said...I personally have been met with nothing but kindness, so I have nothing but good experiences here...but most threads I have been in in here is brutal to read...

And many might be intimidated to post, for fear of wording something wrong and being publicly humiliated because of it

But maybe that was the past..let's hope...

And let's grow together...each one teach one...

One love

Hey why jump on someones rant thread instead of making your own thread to rant in? hahaha just messing with you. seriously though, we have stuff pinned and posted so if people would just take the time to read they would instantly see what we are about. I hear you though. I try to take your first hey just so you know approach and not attack anyone. I came here thinking I had a red nose American Staffordshire terrier. Forums aren't for everyone, most tend to not dance around, expect people to read before posting and tell people like it is.

The sit name is a point of contention for a lot of us, it was created on a platform you could not do spaces, now its too late to change. The other issue is normally we explain there is a pit bull, it has 2 words and is a nickname for a breed, the American Pit Bull Terrier. Most don't tend to jump on people, although I admit I have not been on for a bit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey why jump on someones rant thread instead of making your own thread to rant in? hahaha just messing with you. seriously though, we have stuff pinned and posted so if people would just take the time to read they would instantly see what we are about. I hear you though. I try to take your first hey just so you know approach and not attack anyone. I came here thinking I had a red nose American Staffordshire terrier. Forums aren't for everyone, most tend to not dance around, expect people to read before posting and tell people like it is.

The sit name is a point of contention for a lot of us, it was created on a platform you could not do spaces, now its too late to change. The other issue is normally we explain there is a pit bull, it has 2 words and is a nickname for a breed, the American Pit Bull Terrier. Most don't tend to jump on people, although I admit I have not been on for a bit.
no problems from me, and probably because I took the time to read

I admit I still say pit bull fell tome to time mainly cuz its how folk identify them, it is like saying black or African american, most say black...

But when I was at petsmart, due to the education I received from this site,, when the lady asked what breed dog I had, I said American Pit Bull Terrior... I felt good bout that.

I only commented here cuz someone above said they noticed this site is not as busy as it once was..so I felt I would give me u bias opinion of the only thing I could think of that might of driven folk away..cuz besides that..everything else about this site/forum, is desirable

Thanks for the response..and the understanding

I half expected to be attacked for my last post..haha there is still time, but let's hope it doesn't happen because I consider myself a pretty fair, cool character who is easy to get along with, who is willing to learn and can ait when they are wrong

Haha

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
no problems from me, and probably because I took the time to read

I admit I still say pit bull fell tome to time mainly cuz its how folk identify them, it is like saying black or African american, most say black...

But when I was at petsmart, due to the education I received from this site,, when the lady asked what breed dog I had, I said American Pit Bull Terrior... I felt good bout that.

I only commented here cuz someone above said they noticed this site is not as busy as it once was..so I felt I would give me u bias opinion of the only thing I could think of that might of driven folk away..cuz besides that..everything else about this site/forum, is desirable

Thanks for the response..and the understanding

I half expected to be attacked for my last post..haha there is still time, but let's hope it doesn't happen because I consider myself a pretty fair, cool character who is easy to get along with, who is willing to learn and can ait when they are wrong

Haha

Right on, I have a mutt. People tell me all the time I have a pit bull and when I correct them they look at me like I am the idiot who doesn't know what I am feeding :( lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Right on, I have a mutt. People tell me all the time I have a pit bull and when I correct them they look at me like I am the idiot who doesn't know what I am feeding :( lol
Hahaha @ "look at me like I'm the idiot who doesn't know what I am feeding"

Haha that made my day...

Especially after I just had to break up a four way dog fight right now well two one on ones...I am dog sitting, well I am boarding four of my buddies dogs til he moves into his new home which was being remodeled (yes they are APBTs) haha but yeah after that drama, this post cheered me up

But as for this thread, went to that first page that breaks down the expectations of the dog as far as its body...that was pretty informative, I'm going to try it out on my pup as soon as I can get a clean picture of her..

From just looking at her, she seems good proportioned, elbow equal with chest, etc...but I look forward to adding the lines and making sure

Thx for that link

And mutt or not, I'm sure your dog is awesome

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts
Dukez, Sincerely sorry this is the feeling you are getting for this forum. Would you please post a few links to the condescending posts that you are referring to so I can read them. Is there a reason why you posted your opinions in this particular thread? Trying to get where you're coming from.

Joe

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dukez, Sincerely sorry this is the feeling you are getting for this forum. Would you please post a few links to the condescending posts that you are referring to so I can read them. Is there a reason why you posted your opinions in this particular thread? Trying to get where you're coming from.

Joe
As I stated above, someone said "I love this forum, and it used to be busy with alot of people but not as much any more" (paraphrasing)

That is what made me chime in, it wasn't a rant, I wasn't complaining, it was simply an observation I made on a few posts..that end up in arguments and belittling due to one person believing their thoughts on a subject trump the other persons and the other person is stupid because of it...

Not as much of a reflection of the site as a reflection of said individuals, and I have seen it elsewhere I may have even at a point in time been in that, where I was one of the top respected members of a forum and anything any of us said whether it went against rules or not, was acceptable and if anyone who was new or not as popular did it they would be banned or ridiculed...ultimately those forums are not around any more...

But yeah I was not complaining just stating a possible reason why it slowed down, I saw some threads where if I was that person getting jumped, I might of wanted to leave and not feel comfortable or welcome

I am not a perfect person at all...but I do know there is a way to get your point across without belittling or being condescending upon someone as a person due to their opinion

I was not looking to start anything, that is the last thing I would do, I personally LOVE this forum and I have been spending at least 5 hours a day on here just reading and educating myself and replying when I have something to share...I at no point had any bad thoughts bout this site just spoke from an outsider looking in, what could of drove some people away..which I might be totally wrong

I use an app to access this forum, if I can figure out how to post thread links I could do so..but I'd rather not, some of them were old old posts like from 2010 or something..I'm not trying to snitch people out, just moving forward it is something worth keeping an eye on

I rate this site a 9 out of 10, so no complaints from me...

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts
I would bet that the forum members that may have posted condescending posts seven or so years ago are no longer part of this forum. Throughout the years we have had members come and go. Those type of posters usually don't last long here and are either shown the door or leave themselves. Show me any current postings with derogatory or condescending remarks and they will be dealt with. I try to read all new posts but as we moderate this forum on our own time it is always possible for me to miss some.

We strive to be accurate with information and to be understanding of those trying to learn. Often it is the same group of people who take the time out of their day to share their knowledge and attempt to help. Again, please point me to any current posts you find inappropriate and are chasing members away.

Joe

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would bet that the forum members that may have posted condescending posts seven or so years ago are no longer part of this forum. Throughout the years we have had members come and go. Those type of posters usually don't last long here and are either shown the door or leave themselves. Show me any current postings with derogatory or condescending remarks and they will be dealt with. I try to read all new posts but as we moderate this forum on our own time it is always possible for me to miss some.

We strive to be accurate with information and to be understanding of those trying to learn. Often it is the same group of people who take the time out of their day to share their knowledge and attempt to help. Again, please point me to any current posts you find inappropriate and are chasing members away.

Joe
Thank you, as I said, I am completely happy with this forum, and you will see a lot more or me as my puppy grows...I would love to be an active and productive member of this community...and you are probably right, those folk are probably long gone...cuz I have bee met with nothing but respect since I been here...

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Right on, I have a mutt. People tell me all the time I have a pit bull and when I correct them they look at me like I am the idiot who doesn't know what I am feeding
lol
Hahaha @ "look at me like I'm the idiot who doesn't know what I am feeding"

Haha that made my day...

Especially after I just had to break up a four way dog fight right now well two one on ones...I am dog sitting, well I am boarding four of my buddies dogs til he moves into his new home which was being remodeled (yes they are APBTs) haha but yeah after that drama, this post cheered me up

But as for this thread, went to that first page that breaks down the expectations of the dog as far as its body...that was pretty informative, I'm going to try it out on my pup as soon as I can get a clean picture of her..

From just looking at her, she seems good proportioned, elbow equal with chest, etc...but I look forward to adding the lines and making sure

Thx for that link

And mutt or not, I'm sure your dog is awesome

Aw man that?s no fun at all! Hope they didn?t do too much damange. Crate and rotate, crate and rotate lol

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
This forum is by far less confrontational than others I've been in, even when the more confrontational members were around more frequently.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Aw man that?s no fun at all! Hope they didn?t do too much damange. Crate and rotate, crate and rotate lol
Haha yeah, there was some damage to all parties involved...the old bitch got it the worst, but they all are ok...and yes crate and rotate in deed, I told the owner of them "SHU Program" in Denzel Washington voice haha

What started it was the old one goes crazy when you spray water from a hose, wanting to get the water..her making noise irritates one of the other dogs and they ended up going at it. Then the other two didn't want to bec left out apparently..and they all were dancing ...I was like.."all I wanted to do was give you guys water" haha

They get along any other time, it is just when water is sprayed that one goes after the water..and all hell breaks loose...

Bit all is well that ends well.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Haha yeah, there was some damage to all parties involved...the old bitch got it the worst, but they all are ok...and yes crate and rotate in deed, I told the owner of them "SHU Program" in Denzel Washington voice haha

What started it was the old one goes crazy when you spray water from a hose, wanting to get the water..her making noise irritates one of the other dogs and they ended up going at it. Then the other two didn't want to bec left out apparently..and they all were dancing ...I was like.."all I wanted to do was give you guys water" haha

They get along any other time, it is just when water is sprayed that one goes after the water..and all hell breaks loose...

Bit all is well that ends well.

That?s cool that there is a trigger and they are good sometimes. I kind of feel I have it easy since I just know all dogs are no good according to my boy lol. No guessing games, we keep our distance and as long as they don?t come in his bubble we are good.

I saw where you said you didn?t know how to get the tread links? If you open the window in the desktop version you can grab them easier than on the app.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great site Indie I have used both. Ciaramama if you got questions post them here, maybe we could help you. I have been studying the ADBA standard. Two seasoned judges so I I could help with all that let me know. I still got a a lot to learn but will do what I can to learn.
Indie I agree i haven't been on in a while, but when I do come on I remember the days when there were so many people here.
Thanks for the offer of help! I've had a bit of drama in my world as of late so my studies and time here got cut out for a bit. I've definitely used those sites and love going through and just reading. Once I have my boy and am back on my feet, I'll be back at it. We can learn together and bounce ideas off each other!

REALLY wish I could hit that Bel Air show with Indie.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts