Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my daughter is having some girlfrends spend the night, cool. Recently a kid got mauled by a "pitbull". A close friend of the family is a radio/comedian with a large following. He rambles off all the negative press and wants any dog with "bull" in its name to erraticate the breed.

His sisrer and friends want him to meet Onyx. He just calls Onyx a baby killer and id not allowing his kids in my house. Gia is still upset and crying

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Freedom of speech does have limits; its called common sense, some things should not be said esspecially to children. Use that news link that was prevelent a bit back that shows Pits score almost even with labs..

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I have no time for people who don't want to open there little closed minds and be educated! Send him some of those great youtube videos of pits and there children. My daughter is always the one mauling Bella LOL!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
heres a retard for ya, my sister wont come near my dog but has no problem with her NEW and I want to emphasize new, boyfriends cane corso. I could understand maybe if she had been with the guy for a long time and had known the dog for years, but this is her brand new boyfriend, she takes the dog around, brings her 6 yr old daughter around it, and she cant control it and it has growled at her. yet shes terrified of my dogs. just because corsos dont have a rep like pits. true ignorance. now there are good and bad dogs of all breeds, but corsos have been breed to be human aggressive property guardians, im not holding anything against the dog, but I personally wont go near that dog without the true owner around it cause the dog does not know me and my sister cant control it.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
As irritating as this situation is to deal with.. It's important you stay calm & collected. Try sending the guy info via email truths about pit bulls instead of the rambled media garbage that sells.

I recommend anything by Dr. Ian Dunbar about pitbulls as well as the movie 'Little Rascals'... Any positive collaboration of information you can think of/find to send him about pitbulls. If I was able to educate my mother & grandma. My mom actually fell in love with Lex after she stayed a week in my home & saw him for the wonderful dog he is. I think anything is possible. Stay positive & many blessings.

Also - this video is a brief calculation about dog attacks done by Dr. Ian Dunbar himself - another member contributed this video on another thread btw. He also has many great books

On a side note, the term butthead is hilarious lol

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know right Lex. Its a elementary/middle school term.

Everything was great untill "ya Jimmy owns a pitbull" came out. That dosent change who i am or my family. I have 3 girls, 7, 5 and 3. What does that say. I told his family that any dog is capable of breaking skin, mauling or breaking bones. How many breeds are classified as pitbulls, more than any other stereotyped dog breeding today. Iirc if the dog is 25% pitbull its a pitbull. Now that has a huge classification

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
I know right Lex. Its a elementary/middle school term.

Everything was great untill "ya Jimmy owns a pitbull" came out. That dosent change who i am or my family. I have 3 girls, 7, 5 and 3. What does that say. I told his family that any dog is capable of breaking skin, mauling or breaking bones. How many breeds are classified as pitbulls, more than any other stereotyped dog breeding today. Iirc if the dog is 25% pitbull its a pitbull. Now that has a huge classification
Haha - yeah, I like to utilize the term buttmunch every now & again too.

Another huge problem is people don't think about the details of each situation that arises. They just look solely at statistics but human being situations AREN'T statistics - it's so aggravating.

Sooner or later he'll come around just try not to take it personally. It can be upsetting but just try to see things from his shoes & how you'd want to hear things, ya know ;). We're always learning & educating - have fun with it.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts

Don't let people forget......... This is why the dog is on the Lil Rascals and what makes the dog so personable for the rest of us...... Ignorance breeds Ignorance... Tolerance comes with teaching ;) NOW give this to em tell them STFU.. LOL hows that for tolerance and teaching ??? LOL

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well his wife and 3 kids came over and played with 10 other kids at my place. Yes they have on video of onyx giving belly and kisses to every kid there and ppl walking by. And all three of his kids were soaked with onyx kisses. His wife wanted to take him home to proove a point.

They had another vid of him sun bathing with random ppl and dogs just submisssive and openly friendly. We are going there tomorrow for lunch with his bro and sis families. I plan to drownd him with info....positive info

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
A little funny story.....I own a two family home with my parents. I mentioned to them one day that I was getting a dog. I have always spoke so highly of the breed even though I never owned a full blooded one. Had a mix at one time. My dads response about me getting another dog.....get a dog just don't bring home no dam pit bull! Thanks to the media and all the attacks in boston he and my mom were against them. Well in comes Bella with a wiggle butt and big wet kisses and they melted...literally lol! My mom takes Bella upstairs in there house while I'm at work. She also walks her and takes her for car rides. I have even caught my dad talking to her like a little baby. Pretty funny how they changed there minds but I gave them no choice and neither did Bella :D they now have joint custody over her but I'm the provider and main caretaker lol! Best of luck tomorrow at the families house. Update us on how it went :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I agree to go about it with knowledge and facts. Things that can't be disputed. For instance there has never been a fatal mauling from a spade or neutered pit bull. I think that's a subject changer and get you on responsible ownership and how it's in the way you raise a dog and not the breed.

My folks refused to let me keep a pit puppy my friend gave me when I was 15. I wa heartbroken and always knew if she had been a lab or spaniel they would have allowed it. My folks stay with me sometimes when they come up to visit from Florida. My dad called me a few days after their first stay with me and Mel and told me he missed him. He calls everyday and gets sad when he doesn't get picture updates lol. I think if someone is human and they meet my dog and still walk away with preconceived notions, then screw them! lol. IRS always worth a shot but don't stress I they aren't human. :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I agree to go about it with knowledge and facts. Things that can't be disputed. For instance there has never been a fatal mauling from a spade or neutered pit bull. I think that's a subject changer and get you on responsible ownership and how it's in the way you raise a dog and not the breed.

My folks refused to let me keep a pit puppy my friend gave me when I was 15. I wa heartbroken and always knew if she had been a lab or spaniel they would have allowed it. My folks stay with me sometimes when they come up to visit from Florida. My dad called me a few days after their first stay with me and Mel and told me he missed him. He calls everyday and gets sad when he doesn't get picture updates lol. I think if someone is human and they meet my dog and still walk away with preconceived notions, then screw them! lol. IRS always worth a shot but don't stress I they aren't human. :)
They do state in the video that Firehazard provided that most dog attacks happen in low-income areas and are intact males. Interesting......and I have to say it holds some truth especially living here in Boston. You have certain areas that are ghetto like and when the news talks about a "pit bull" attack and shows the dog being taken away it always has it's dingle danglers behind it. But you also have to take into consideration that these dogs also have lack of socialization and training as well as not being fixed. They say 74% of all dog attacks are by intact males......who knows :(

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Yeah that's crazy!!! And makes me feel bad for all the legit put bull owners from the ghetto. (my friend is one lol) but 75% of dogs hit by cars are unaltered males! Those boys are crazy!!!

I will have I watch the videos later, on my phone now.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Jimmy video your boy with the girls to shut him up. I know how good Onyx is with your daughters.

PS show him some of Bernie's YouTube mauling videos with my niece to shut him up !!!

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I had some lady pull her kid out of the way today,when I was walking Bruno. She commented. I hate those dogs.
I just told her I felt the same way about stupid people :3 and continued on my way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ignorant buttheads

Its funny when I saw this thread, for a second I thought the "buttheads" were the dogs..lol. I mean that in the most loving way possible. I have 2 "pit bulls" they are my babies. but they are stubborn...

I do have a story about ignorant butt-headed people, though. Mine goes like this: I got evicted from my house about 2 weeks ago, my sister was nice enough to let my whole family including my 2 dogs stay with her. She doesn't really like any dogs but she isn't intolerant. She tried to tell me that someone complained about my "vicious" dogs and I had get rid of them. But when I confronted her with the fact that if someone reported my dogs Animal control would come out she never brought it up again. But my Mom is another story. I stopped by her house the other day and I had my dogs with me. My mom doesn't even try to pretend she likes my dogs, she is completely closed minded about them. Anyways, I stopped by her house and she asked me when I was going to get rid of my dogs. I told her I wasn't going to. She tried to give me the same story that my sister did. I explained why it was bs and she didn't like it. The next day my dad called me and asked me to bring his car back to him. I had been borrowing it because mine is broken down. He told me that my mom wanted me to bring the car back. She has her own car and my dad has another car that he drives. They had no reason to want the car back except for the fact that I refused to throw away my dogs. It was truly ridiculous. I may sound like a spoiled brat or something. but I am really not, I feel like my dogs are a part of my family. I have been trying unsuccessfully to have a baby for the last 5 years, so my puppies are my babies. My mom hates pitbulls so much, she is one of those people that call them baby killers. She wont even say their names, she calls them "Those Things".
Its kind of hard to express here how much this really bothers me. Thats why I posted it here I kind of feel alittle bit better after whining a little bit. :hammer:
I do get a sort of revenge, every day I text message a picture of my dogs to her...lol. Some times its a picture of one of the kids with the dogs just as a little extra...kick...hahahaha:woof:

·
Registered
45 Posts
another thing that i find funny is how you come across someone and you tell them you own an apbt. then they go off on rants about how bad the dogs are, will turn on you, attack kids etc. and try and tell you "theres proven studies and statistics". I find this funny because these people try and talk to you like they are an apbt expert, when in fact the only thing they know about pits is what they have heard on the news. They have never owned one, pet one, been around one, read a book about one, or took the time to educate theirself about anything, yet they want to talk to you like they know what they are talking about and they are an expert or something because of whay they have heard on the news. but the world is full of idiots that think they know everything. 9 outa 10 ppl are complete douchebags.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Well his wife and 3 kids came over and played with 10 other kids at my place. Yes they have on video of onyx giving belly and kisses to every kid there and ppl walking by. And all three of his kids were soaked with onyx kisses. His wife wanted to take him home to proove a point.

They had another vid of him sun bathing with random ppl and dogs just submisssive and openly friendly. We are going there tomorrow for lunch with his bro and sis families. I plan to drownd him with info....positive info
:woof: Awesome! Onyx is one awesome :pup: Thats kinda funny.. ^^^

1 - 20 of 21 Posts