Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Etnie is right around 70lbs (shes a little chubby but I already got her to lose 5lbs so were on the right track), shes always had big dumps but they seem bigger lately. Yesterday I noticed it was a little runny but didnt think anything of it. Today it was a huge dump and a very very light brown color, almost tan. And tonight shes got the squirts again. I feed her Natural Choice and right now she is on the sensitive stomach kind. I also give her ACV and have been giving her plain yogurt but I ran out and she hasnt had it in about a week. Could that change do it? I only give her a tbl spoon of yogurt with her two scoops of food.

I plan on taking her to the vet this saturday and while im there I am going to get a bag of blue buffalo, ive been wanting to switch her anyways.

So whats happening with her poo?

·
Registered
151 Posts
when is the last time your dog was at the vet, not to scare you but a lot of bad things have diarrhea as a symptom. If it is just a stomach issue there are quite a few remedies you can do, what i do is add some rice and cottage cheese.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rice was what i was going to give her tomorrow. just plain old rice right? should i mix it with the cottage cheese?

and she goes to the vet once every six months.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i would say boil some brown rice and mix it with your dogs food, dont use too much food though, you want what ever is in your dogs stomach to digest and get out so rice will be the substitude, add a little cottage cheese or yogurt (plain) and atleast 5 cultures. after a couple of days it should be gone, go back to normal food and if it happens again then you need to gradually switch your dog food. Make sure you dog is getting plenty of water too because a lot of the time when your dog has diarrhea it might be dehydrated too.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright sounds good. thanks for the info! i will give her the rice for breakfast and dinner tomorrow. thanks again, I will report back to let you know how it went. I still plan on getting blue buffalo and seeing the vet. I hate it when shes sick!

·
Registered
151 Posts
good luck keep us posted! Its sux when our dogs get sick but what matter is taking care of them when they are:)

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she seemed to be better this morning. i took her to work with me for a little bit and she was having a blast saying hi to everybody. i gave her the rice this morning and will give it to her tonight also. she should be fine.

also, i may know what happened. i got some new salmon dog treats and the other day i must have given her four to five of those things while we were on our walk. maybe her stomach doesnt agree with the fish?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
My pup has a bad belly and can only do chicken and brown rice based foods. Even the same brand if its beef or salmon or deer, he likes it but his belly does not! Could be sensitive. Take time when you switch him but be ready it may not be great for the first couple of weeks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am glad your dog is doing better, ames has a point, just take it easy for a while, and about the treats, how big were they? i dont think that would do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts