Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a white pit and he was rescued so i have no way to get papers and was wondering if it is possialbe to get any kind of papers just to say he is per...also was wounding why he has an underbit? but other white pits i have seen has an underbit too...

·
Registered
600 Posts
you will have a hard time studding a desexed dog. And n owner with A ukc papered dog is not going to breed with someone with an unpapered dog.

I suggest you hang around and do some reading and research before you jump into planning any stud service/ litter planning.

·
Registered
70 Posts
thank u i really wanna stud him do u know any info on UKC?
If you already made up your mind to do that, then I cant change it, but I hope you really reconsider studding out your pit. There's way to much over population of this breed as it is! Your locate shelter has a ton of apbt that people bred but was able to keep, or take care of, or find a decent home for. Plus you have a rescued Pit. He was already in a bad situation where someone couldn't keep him, if not worst. I dont want to see you contribute to more and more of these animals undergoing the same faith as yours. Just please reconsider your intentions.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
thank u i really wanna stud him do u know any info on UKC?
How can u say u "rescued" him and then say u want to stud him out???? Seriously he has an underbite and no papers so you shouldn't breed him because of that. I'm assuming you just rescued him from some random person cuz a shelter would have him neutered. Go to your local shelter and see the over population of pits there. This world has enough that get put to sleep everday and we don't need more. Fix your dog and keep him as a pet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with everyone else. Neuter him. If you "rescued" him like you claim why would you put him through more stress of studding him out? There are so many unwanted pits out there as is don't add to the population. Plus if he has an underbite and no papers good luck on selling the pups. People who purchase pups want papers and good parents. Volunteer at a shelter for a day. Look at how many are already there and awaiting homes. Plus think of how many get euth'd at shelters all over the world per day due to not being wanted and the bad rap behind them. Think before you breed..their life is in your hands.

·
Registered
123 Posts
breeding should only be done to better the breed not bring down the quality of the dogs and pass on genetic defects neuter your dog and be responsible there are way to many backyard breed pitbulls you don't need to contribute to that and the over population, and if you are breeding to get another dog go back to the shelter and adopt if your not concerned with quality or bettering the breed

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
WHY would yu want to breed a rescue dog? He has an underbite so right there is a fault. Maybe you should post up some pictures of this dog so we ca can get a look at what you have. Do you know he is really a APBT since he is a rescue he could be a mix breed. It is best to neuter him and then work with him train him and par-take in some fun shows with him. If this is something you like to do you can get a pure dog and start at the begining with that one and then if you are lucky and you ended up with a dog that would better the breed then you can think about and I said THINK about studding that one out.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
some dogs have underbites and some don't. Either way it is a small flaw in the show ring but since you have rescue it should not matter. Since you have no way of proving your dog is a purebred dog there is no reason to breed mutts. Just because it looks like a purebred does not mean they are. I suggest you stick around and don't worry about breeding for now. Learn more about the breed and if you want to breed later on get your self a good quality dog with papers and do it the right way. A rescue is a good way to learn more about the breed but don't breed an unregistered dog. BTW there is not way to get papers on your rescue dog.

·
Registered
546 Posts
There are so many genetic issues with white pits and if he has an underbite I would think his pups would produce the same genetic defect. Plus the issues with hearing impairment and skin sensitivities etc. ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.