Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i came acrcross this site trying to find out if there is anything i can do about a dog that i found, well first of all i am a big pitbull/pitbull mix fan unfortanantly the breed has become so uncontrold because breeders that are jst out to make a quick buck that there is hard to control it at this rate and in my hometown pit breeds are not given a fair chance by animal control so instead of buying pitbulls after my first one i realized lots of them were just abandond and and i got in over my head and took many in and try to find them goodhomes anyways it came to a point i lost my home do to fianaciel cicumstances and well to sm it all up had to leave to at animal control and it really devestaded me bt 2 out of 7 i cld nt save so that was about 4yrs ago and i hv refused to get another one even though my kids,wife want a nother one. I really get sad when i see them in the steets and i know what there fate wld be most of the time...well now jst about 2weeks ago one jst happen to walk in my store were i work it was about a 4month red nose he was pretty well beat up bites on his legs and back so i refuse to let him go to were he came from the thing is that who had him obviously was traing him or using him as bait the thing that shooked me the most was his ears were cropped very bad and my question was can his ears be fixed and if so what wld it cost me, dnt gt me wrong i personaly wld nt wnt to hv this redone but i have been getting bad stare frm people that assume that i did this to him,and i am sorry it wld be hard for me to advocate when people wld assune i am jst as bad as the origanal owner so if smone has any suggestions plz inform me thank u and this site seems very cool i will be useing a lot .

·
Registered
600 Posts
I am sure there can be at least a couple of members here that will steer you in the right direction. The only real way to tell would be for you to post up some pictures of the overal damage, depending on the state of them you may be able to treat yourself with regular cleaning and some antibiotics. If it is bad you would have to go to a vet explain your story and you will certainly have a better idea.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
A vet could recrop them but I would just leave them alone, it give them character and is apart of their rescue story. I have a dog who is cropped really short and I could care less what ppl think of her, I am doing nothing wrong so I have no reason to worry.

·
Registered
362 Posts
A vet could recrop them but I would just leave them alone, it give them character and is apart of their rescue story. I have a dog who is cropped really short and I could care less what ppl think of her, I am doing nothing wrong so I have no reason to worry.
:goodpost:
Couldn`t have said it better myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for ur advice Iam nt a cpu savvy person but my concern for my dog sent me to this site and it is really fullfilling my passion and love for these animals jst looking at all the different pics and story well thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts