Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have been in the breed for awhile how many Merle colored pure bred APBT's dogs have you seen with your own eyes?

We will be talking about this on the show soon and I'd like to get educated on it before we do ;)

If you have pictures of your own merle dogs please share them with us ;)

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Those of you that have been in the breed for awhile how many Merle colored pure bred APBT's dogs have you seen with your own eyes?

We will be talking about this on the show soon and I'd like to get educated on it before we do ;)

If you have pictures of your own merle dogs please share them with us ;)
Haha, I laugh. :rofl::hammer:

·
404 Posts
I'm not a color genetics expert, but from what I've read and educated people I've spoken to the color pattern is not possible in our breed. I tend to believe them, so how many purebred have I seen, the answer is none for me, and I never will.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Here are body shots of Tocho and Raja from Sutherland Merles.

They produce the best looking closest to standard merle dogs I have ever seen....However Pure APBT...No

They are direct American Bully decedents.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Never seen a merle pit bull or even ambully in person.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Here are body shots of Tocho and Raja from Sutherland Merles.

They produce the best looking closest to standard merle dogs I have ever seen....However Pure APBT...No

They are direct American Bully decedents.
I must say, Tocho looks nice, not form me to own, but nice.

·
Banned
4,383 Posts
I know that alot of people here in the south have merle dogs because the catahulas get crossed into them with all the hog hunting! they still make a really good catch and bay dog!

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
I seen several at the Pet Expo in Jersey earlier this year with my brother ...
They appear to be apbt in structure very beautiful ...
But I would think they aren't pure .... as merle in chi's is makes a chi not pure even if it is registered as one and they can suffer genetically blindness and deafness ....
would not the apbt in that case?

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sutherland Merles? so there is an actual kennel for these dogs?

How much they sell for?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Sutherland Merles? so there is an actual kennel for these dogs?

How much they sell for?
$1,200 is the only price I have seen. Not sure tho if that a high or low or average price as I don't talk to them. I just love the look of the dogs :) lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Marty, I'm sure as you already know I've had these dogs for many years. I've got pics of many merle pics I can share with you. Here are just a few of my dogs:

Tomorrow I can send even more pics of merles I have taken over the years of both mine & other people's. Also in your discussion, please do not forget to mention the ADBA CH./Ace Polk Dot (the Presendent of the NC APBT club owns her) as well as Faulk's Ace Blue Thunder or the merle WYK produced out of the '99 Ripper x Sambella litter. I can help you gather info if you wish.

Good luck & I do hope your show will be unbaised as I do know you have a prejudice against these dogs.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK so how do these dogs differer from the bully breeds?

In over 25 yrs and 10,000 something dogs why have I not run across just one of them?

Am I just not going to the right yard?

·
Registered
837 Posts
If merle isn't accepted as a ADBA color then why do people breed them still and why does the ADBA still register them?

Like BTK said, it's a crossbred dog because merle has never or will never show up in these dogs.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts