Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helena has been on crate rest nearly 2 weeks. She gets to go out to potty, eat and get lifted on the bed or couch for a little while. Right now she's laying beside me as I type like a good girl. :cry: My strong happy hyper dog hobbles and I feel responsible. I know it can't be my fault, she was just running like a normal dog. But I keep having that "if I had just left her at home, If I had just not let her off leash,"

While she is on crate rest I got a lot of time to train Onyx, but I'm out walking and socializing and training him and everyone is all over him like glue because you know he's adorable. And I wish Helena was there. :(

I wonder what she is thinking, I wonder if she thinks shes been replaced since the pup gets to be out and shes in her crate all the time. Shes getting more hyper every time she comes out to go potty. She settles down pretty quickly like right now shes just chillin.

But since she has been hurt and shes my emotional support animal I have been a complete wreck.

I just love her so much, and I know in time she will get better but I wonder if I'll ever see her run around like a mad dog again. without holding her back.

Sorry, it's just like I can't hang out with my best friend.

Heres some more videos of her

Helena turns 2

Helena's mitten zoomies

Her bad puppy stage.

·
Registered
910 Posts
:hug:Sorry:hug:about:hug:your:hug:situation

Reactions: 9361

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you EVERYONE. I was just sitting her sobbing, then took her outside had to keep reminding her to heel and be easy. Then I mixed up her food and she went back to her crate and went to town on it.

She's walking a lot better so that's got to be a good thing.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
great video's. she'll be back in action in no time. it sucks but its for the best, i wish her a speedy recovery.
dont think its your fault, theres no way you could have stopped that. she was just running and theres nothing wrong with that. stuff just happens, but you shouldnt feel responsible for that accident.
:hug::hug:

·
Banned
24 Posts
keep ur head up, im pretty sure she knows whats goin on, u shouldnt feel bad, its the best for her.....at least ur being responsible......good luck

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah she had one acl surgery already. The vet thinks we can heal this one with rest since we caught it early. The first time we were stupid and just thought she pulled a muscle or something, let it go on too long, didn't make her rest. She had that surgery last October recovered well. The vet said the leg she had surgery on is very strong. And that the second knee probably tore due to the stress of baring the weight, or most times both will tear out.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Here is a (((HUG))) from me to you!! I think of you and Helena often. She will get better and it isn't your fault. Helena knows you love her.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I love the racing up and down the stairs from your bed. I was LMFAO! Hang in there, she is getting better.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Great videos!!!!!!! i like the mitten zoomies hahahahahah
you can't blame yourself for something you didn't do! whenever something bad happens its always 'if i woulda just left them at home' or something along those lines...
you can't predict the future!!!
just focus on helping her heal and doing everything you can to keep her on her recovery and happy at the same time!!!

HUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUG!!

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love the racing up and down the stairs from your bed. I was LMFAO! Hang in there, she is getting better.
Yeah she used to do that like every day, and chase her tail in the fastest circles, I could never catch that one on video though. lol

Thank you everyone for thinking of us.

She really made me proud this morning. I took her outside and a neighbor who saw Onyx a few times before saw Helena and said "that must be the big one" because I kept referring to her as such before.

He was petting her and she wasn't getting over excited just taking the love. And he said "Is she a pit bull" and I said yes she is and he said "wow what a good natured dog" and I said yeah shes sweet plus shes been through obedience school. I showed him her knee scar and was talking dogs and she started to pull away. I said "No pull!" She stopped and sat down! :clap:

I love when they make good impressions and mind their manners in front of strangers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts