Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like some kind of fungus. I mean, I don't think his nails are naturally this color. He eats his feet all of the time and that's probably why, but is there something I can do to clear it up?

An this thing on his ear just baffles me. The Dr. said it's nothing. But, sometimes it shrinks a little but most of the time it just looks like this. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Any and all advice is welcome and GREATLY appreciated.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
The discoloration in the nails look normal to me. Bella has clear nails with a reddish brownish pigment right where the nail grows from out the skin....she's had it since she was little. As far as the lump on the ear??? Your vet said it was fine? No need for a biopsy right? Maybe just have the vet remove it. How long has ecko had it?

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Yeah I am no expert but the toenails look fine, and he could just have allergies and that is why he is chewing his feet. And I would have that thing on his ear removed anyway, just in case, but I'm a freak like that lol

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No allergies, he's just obsessive. He's actually doing a lot better. He doesn't try to sneak off to eat his feet anymore. Now he only does it when he's crated while we're at work. The summer is great with the kids home he's almost never in his crate.

He's had that lump since before I got him. The vet said it was nothing to worry about. I've been putting Nu Stock on it the last few days hoping for some reaction. It worked on his scars so maybe it'll work on this thing. It's just gross, it doesn't bother him any.

Thank you guys for letting me know his nails are ok. :)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Try some preperation H for his thing on his ear ;) It may do something more than the Nu Stock. Is something my vet told me to do, lol

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Preparation H? Sounds weird, but I'll give it a shot.
Thanks Tye. :)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
hahaha I thought so too but it works, lol. Let me know how things go :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Preparation H??? Lol! Its a ear..not a bum! Lol

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I know that, silly, my vet told me it works better than Nu Stock and there is something in it that helps better than Nu Stock and it doesn't stink as badly either, lol

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
The toes are normal and I have obsessive dogs and know it is not allergies with them just being a little OCD about licking the paws. Sounds like your dog is the same way about the toes. The discoloration is normal, I do not know why it happens but know it is normal.

The bump on the ear looks like a mole or skin tag of some sort. I would watch it, if it bleeds or scabs up a lot you might want to talk to you vet about removing it. That could be a sign it could turn into cancer like a melanoma. If it does not bother the dog just watch it to make sure it does not get bigger or change colors.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I know that, silly, my vet told me it works better than Nu Stock and there is something in it that helps better than Nu Stock and it doesn't stink as badly either, lol
Lol. I was just being silly Tye :D. So what other kinds of irritation can you use it on? I never heard of it. Does it help to clear up skin irritations?

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
yes such as hot spots and dogs chewing their feet, they don't like the taste, lol

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll coat him in Prep H and let you know how it goes. :)
If the smell isn't as bad as Nu Stock it's already a bonus. LOL!

PK, I'm going to make him an appointment to have it looked at again. Sometimes it is scabby, but it may be from the head shakes. He HAS to rattle his tags EVERY morning at 7 am because he knows I'll either call him into bed, or feed him breakfast. Rotten dog.

In the meantime, Prep H it is.

Thank you all again for all of the advice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts