Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do not have a papered pit bull not even sure if he is pure bread i rescued 10 dogs from the streets 9 2 week old puppies and the mother the mother died 4 days after i picked her and pups up from internal injuries (original owner beat her) and only 3 pups lived vet never figured out what happened to them but 2 got great homes and i kept the runt. the best dog i ever owned and hes only 4 months old now but i have never raised a pit bull before and need all the help (advice) i can get. only thing i know about pitbulls is that i was attacked by 4 of them when i was 6 and been a little scared since but bullett my puppy has changed my attitude about that he is great loveing puppy and highly intelligent he potty traind him self realy and loves all the other dogs and cats i introduce him to. i will put a pic up as soon as i can get on my comp hes supose to be an APBT but idk how to tell the difference between the bullies as i seen on the net and the APBT except pappers any advice will help me hace a pic of bullett for my avatar now i think hes a beautiful pup

thank you for your time

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum im sure you will learn alot here and find any advice you need along the way. Unfortunately as for identifying the breed by looks its slim to none chance that we can help there without having papers. Bullys come in all sorts of sizes and classes some very close to the UKC standard APBT's and then you have staffys in there as well so looks dont really tell you what breed. Hopefully it doesnt even matter to you and you love him regardless. Would still love to see pictures , we love seeing new dogs on here. Welcome again.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
hi there, & welcome to our yard. I hope you enjoy your stay here. I recommend reading all the sticky threads about raising/training you apbt pup from socialization to bad habits are covered in those threads. If you have any specific questions, please let Us know, and we'll be more than happy to help you. I'm sorry, but without papers, there's no way of knowing whether your pup is purebred anything, so you'll just have to settle for him being called a "pet bull".

Our members have a tendancy to come off harsh or abrasive when it comes to these breeds, but trust me, if you survive our aggression, you can get through anything with these dogs, lol.

I do hope you stick around a while, and take in everything we have to offer. We won't throw you any rawhide... We offer real, genuine bully sticks & raw meaty bones here.

When you get to a computer, go to the Pictures section and start a new thread, and use the image code from your photo host site in your thread to post the picture(s) you want to share. The best size to use is medium, as it keeps members from having to scroll horizontally & doen't take up too much room on our host's server :) Hope that helps you out a bit. You can always PM any of us moderators with any issues or concerns you may have.

Again, welcome to our yard, and enjoy your stay here.

Reactions: redog

·
Registered
25 Posts
welcome i am a first time owner as well and these guys on this site is the best in helping you out well as for helping u i cant lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ty all as soon as i down load more pics to this new comp ill post some and it dos not matter if he is pure bread or not i love the little pup and he goes with me everyware but i kinda spoiled him when in my truck he has to hace the a/c on to ride in the truck now but thats fine with me lol

tc all and ty
jp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts