Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my baby girl was on her first FULL day of crate rest yesterday and as tough as I can be my heart is breaking to lock her up all day for four days. She did something to her right front leg where our wrist would be and she has been limping. Per the request of Lisa of Performance kennels and my vet who also told me to crate rest her... I am, but it is so hard. She is so sad in the crate and seems depressed which is making me miserable and my daughter upset. My daughter is 9 and she was in tears last night feeling so bad for her girl. Poor Bella doesn't understand why she is being treated this way and she goes in her crate willingly with her head down and her tail between her legs. I feel so cruel. I went last night to get her a big deer antler to keep her busy but the stupid pet store was closed so I am going this morning as soon as it opens. She is also going to the Vet monday if she is still limping on it. I really hope it heals and it's nothing serious :( Poor girl comes out to potty, eat, drink, and goes right back in her crate until I give her another potty break. I just feel awful :flush:

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
It's only temporary and it's for her own good. You would really feel bad if she was allowed to roam and it made her injury worse. Sometimes being a parent is not easy. You just have to tell yourself this is temporary the crate is not hurting her it's helping her. She will thank you for it in the long run.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
lol get over it! ;) your putting human emotions into what you're seeing in your dog is never a good thing. Give her good stuff to chew on and put her in a quiet room not in the family room where you can see her. I would get a good raw leg bone or cooked leg bone, maybe a kong stuffed with wet dog food and frozen and rotate those in her crate. It's just for a few days so her body can heal, if not she can keep hurting herself and make it worse. I know it's hard but for her sake suck it up and put her in a quiet room. The first few days do not bother me as much as the 4-7 depending on the injury. I would be lying if I said I don't care but I just make sure I follow through. One thing you can do on the 3-4 day is have her out on leash and sit on the floor with her with you watch tv. I do that after a few days but I do not let them jump on or off the couch or be off leash, just out with when we watch tv and I could keep her still.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
LOL Lisa .. Tough Love I am not all mushy about stuff like this so It may not be the kind of support your looking for. But Lisa is right keep the crate close to you and make her as comfortable as possible in her crate so she is not bored which is more likely what she feels more than anything else LOL. But it's nothing to get down about she will be healed and home free in a few days. In the mean time gotta be tough for your dog so she can make a complete and successful recovery. Dogs feed off your energy if your sad and moping around the house your dog will be sad too!! LOL

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You girls CRACK me up!! LOL! I am very tough on my daughter and give her "tough" love but with Bella and animals in general when it comes to these situations I get soft LOL! I just got back from the pet store and spent $33.00 on a nice big antler to chew on. Expensive but shes worth it. I also bought her some blue buffalo wet food and stuffed her kong and stuck it in the freezer so she can have that later....She is really enjoying that antler though. She is off the wall when I get her out of her crate and acts a fool. I have to hold her down to calm down. I just don't know how her leg will get better jumping around like she tries to do. I control her but man she is strong and I don't want to hurt her anymore than she is. Thanks girls for the input :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish you, your daughter and your girl the best. She'll be up and goin in no time and you all can make up for the crate time :)
Thank you! Appreciate that :D

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
lol... Shell be fine... I feel sorry for you when you let her out though... Shell be one big ball of energy :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol... Shell be fine... I feel sorry for you when you let her out though... Shell be one big ball of energy :D
Kill me now circle!!! She already is a ball of fire :hammer: She gets a good 3 mile walk everyday so this is torture for her.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Kill me now circle!!! She already is a ball of fire :hammer: She gets a good 3 mile walk everyday so this is torture for her.
:rofl: lol.. id stay outta her path when you open that door :D

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Ugh girl Gargamel was on lock down for 3 months cause his paw sprain would not heel. Take the time now so you all can enjoy the summer!! My baby is working off the lb's he put on for being so stationary last year still. Plus they take forever to heel if its a bad one.

I hope Bella feels better soon. You and your daughter should hang at your folks so you dont have to torture yourself all night lol

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ugh girl Gargamel was on lock down for 3 months cause his paw sprain would not heel. Take the time now so you all can enjoy the summer!! My baby is working off the lb's he put on for being so stationary last year still. Plus they take forever to heel if its a bad one.

I hope Bella feels better soon. You and your daughter should hang at your folks so you dont have to torture yourself all night lol
Oh god I don't even want to think about months LOL! I can't even deal with doing it 4 days. Ames, I would visit my parents but they are only upstairs from me so I go to my girlfriends house across the street to get away ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.