Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say screw runner set ups they are two costly and don't last. I have several runner set ups in my yard. With my active dogs they are not lasting. I buy some of the best pulleys i can find and they still dont last. Not only are the wheels to the pulleys wearing down at a incrediable speed they are also getting the cables so hot that its starting to break them down as well. So i am converting to a chain set up. I will be keeping three of my runner set ups but the rest will be chain set ups. Going threw 35 dollar pulleys every 3 to 4 weeks is getting costly and I don't know if you have priced thick cable lately but it is ridiculous. My dogs are very active and run almost all day on those runners. The cable will get so hot that you can't touch it and you can just hear those pulley wheels wearing down. Ok im through with my rant now. Have a good day:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
The only problem I've ever had out of my runner setup was the big eyelet bolt that snapped in half ON THE STRAIGHT PART! Ended up buying another eyelet bolt that was like 5x the size. Does great

·
Registered
306 Posts
Our runners do great. We change the pullies out every once in a while, but we have only changed cables once in 8 years. We do have the think cable though. They get run on and Loea hangs from it when he gets excited, silly dog, he has broke both canines because he will jump up and hang from it.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Used pullies for years, never had a proble.

·
Banned
431 Posts
lol andy thats with the pullies you told me to get:(

my jeep dogs are pacers tho run all the time
my tnt dogs arent so bad and remi from what i can tell

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
My grandparents had a runner set up for their malamute, and he used the same setup for his entire life, so I guess 12+ years. In his later years he spent much more time indoors, but I'd say that setup got a good 9 years of constant use. It was a very long setup, so I guess the wear on the cable was spread out over a lot of distance.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Get easier dogs LOL

Buy some pitfall kennels dogs they want need any thing but a bed to sleep in ;)
lmfao oldman your just still mad tia wipped lil bit
thats ok you will get another try before long:rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts