Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't understand her...

Athena is crated at night, and when we are not home (which isn't often, or long, since I am a stay at home mom). I feed her 3x a day (food & water) to help with her potty training. As soon as she gets out of the crate (and before she goes in it too) she goes right outside to potty. Then she comes back in and eats, and we go back out again --this dog, I swear the MINUTE something goes IN it has to come OUT. and then she goes out when she starts giving signals, or its been about 2 hrs since she last went out.

HERE'S whats gettin' me...

After peeing at least 3x outside (and pooping too), she'll come back in, and then start leaving TINY pee puddles around the house...I mean, TINY...and constantly...and even if I take her back OUT, she comes back IN and continues. I feel like all I am doing allllll day long is mopping my floors..

This morning, she was laying on the couch with me...and she never even STOOD UP, she just LAID there and PEED on the couch?!:mad:

Does she need to be crated more? I don't know what to do, she goes out alot, and I always make sure she has gone (pee at least a few times) before she comes back in...and she is usually the one that starts heading for the door...

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like she may have a bladder infection or something of that nature. I would call the vet. Jmo
I will call to be sure; but she has done this since the day we got her...I wasn't sure it was part of potty training or not..sometimes I thought it was because she didn't finish outside, even though she'd gone a few times, sometimes its a 'medium' sized puddle, others its a small one. This morning on the couch really got me though.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Has she been to the vet since you got her? It sounds like an infection to me or possibly a parasite. You could try cutting her down to twice a day feeds too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has she been to the vet since you got her? It sounds like an infection to me or possibly a parasite. You could try cutting her down to twice a day feeds too.
She is scheduled to go in next week for her next round of shots.

I didn't know I could cut her back to 2x...I felt awful about doing it 3x and that's it (she barks at me when I'm at the sink & she hears water running)...but I read that it was a good way to help potty train if they did not have unlimited availablity to food/water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts