Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking and searching... I would really like to see some pics of some CH's through UKC, but I can't seem to find anything..

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Here is an ADBA/UKC/AKC comparison done by a member here Bahamutt. However these are UKC GRCH's

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
The standards are actually very similar, what you get though, is breeder interpretations of the standard diverging between each registry, thus going in different directions. What is rewarded in the ring is sought after, then more of THAT is bred for, as it spirals out of control.
It irritates the crap out of me that AKC (and now UKC) put up and reward dogs who are just...fat, thinking that = muscle and power. um, no, it's just fat. It also irritates me that you never see ADBA dogs actually STACKED, they are always straining on the leash or up on hind legs. I would like to look at STRUCTURE, not try peer through the fat to see the dog underneath nor try to see if the dog actually has any angulation or what type of shoulders or legs it has, which you can NOT see as it flops about like a fish on the end of it's lead.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Plenty of adba get stacked. Most prefer a free stack, some do a hand stack. The big diff though is that the dogs aren't expected to be statues while the judge isn't there. They can flop all they want till the judge is in front of them. I prefer it like that; to see dogs acting like dogs.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I notice none of these dogs have natural ears... do they have something against natural ears?? might be a stupid question... but I'm still curious.. LOL

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I notice none of these dogs have natural ears... do they have something against natural ears?? might be a stupid question... but I'm still curious.. LOL
I know in AKC they prefer cropped, and I think its the same in UKC , ADBA you will see alot of uncropped dogs. I know at the shows up here we saw alot of natural ears and the judge seemed to prefer natural at the shows we went too. { although the dogs were really nice so hard to tell if it was just the ears lol , they did deserve there wins}.
Alot of the ADBA dogs in those pictures actually have natural ears , maybe you just didnt notice ?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Ya I think UKC prefers them cropped as well. If imnot mistaken I read in the rules cropping isnt required but from what I have seen Ch wise, most if not all have had crops. Going into a UKC ri ng I would rather have a crop then not. { lol but then again I prefer crop over natural to begin with}.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Makes me wish I would have cropped Kandi, honestly... Oh well... Don't see us being "show worthy" lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
ADBA prefers natural; UKC & AKC prefer cropped. And I agree Kingsgurl; it is difficult to find a picture of a stacked ADBA dog.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
The crop is, again, something put up by judges, making it preferable. The standard actually says natural ears are preferred, but since it isn't what tends to win in the ring, that is not what people will do. Why should they? It isn't rewarded.*

*pitcher of Margarita's disclaimer

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just didn't see a crop looking good on a black girl... (my Kandi) I thought it'd make her look like a male bear... lol I love cropped ears... but not on all of them. that's just my opinion...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts