Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi im new to GO PITULL and this is my first time posting

Well i have a 11 week old puppy and i was considering cropping his ears but i do now know what kind of crop i should get for him? and can you please provide pictures on what would best fit him

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE GIVE ME ANNY SUGGESTIONS

here is a picture of him his name is SIMBA
Thank You:)

this is another picture of him standing on his messy bed he just finished eating he looks mad because he was trying to get a water bottle and his arm looks all muscely :p

and his ears always seem to be like that there so cute looking :pup:

Ive also been looking at a lot of your comments and a lot of pictures of similar looking dogs with their ears cropped and some with their natural ears and i am really liking his natural ears so i might stick with his Natural Ears!!! instead of the cropping look

The white puppy is his friend Smokey he is 1 week older than him so he is 13 weeks old they run around and play fight with each other they have a lot of fun
his owner was also thinking about cropping his ears

Attachments

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
He is super cute. I prefer a short crop on my males; however, they have huge heads and it fits them. I think a show crop would look good on your little guy, maybe slightly shorter. Have you found the vet that you would like to do the crop?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I would first find a capable vet and see if they have photos of their work. I personally like a 2in show crop with no or little Bell.

Xena has a very short crop. Her ears are 1in with no bell. She is a very petite dog tho so it fits her well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
You would have to ask your vet what their prices are. I have paid between $250-$450 for my crops, but crop prices can range up to $800+ at certian vets.

CA tends to have higher prices. If you find it cheaper I would be skeptical on the quality.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
i really like the dog to the left in the first picture
is that a show crop?
and how much was it?
Are you talking about the white dog in my signature? If so, that is a short crop and I paid $350 for both of my males here in Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
really depends on the vet call around it cost us close to $500 for our 1st female and then $280 for our recent one. im in canada though . I like the crop slightly shorter then show , we always get ours done now at medium to a point , although with our youngest we asked for more bell.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
i personally like between short and show, i will prob go a bit longer with next one but here is cheza she has 1 1/2" with bell

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
All good posts and good info. I have never cropped before because I prefer natural ears. However I am not against the option your dog your choice. I just wanted to say I think Simba has nice natural ears and good luck with finding a good vet to preform the crop.

·
Registered
198 Posts
All good posts and good info. I have never cropped before because I prefer natural ears. However I am not against the option your dog your choice. I just wanted to say I think Simba has nice natural ears and good luck with finding a good vet to preform the crop.
I second the great looking ears.

Most Bullies are cropped.
If you have a smaller ADBA "game looking" dog I would think a little harder if you want it done. I like the natural look for most Bull Dogs myself.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
I think Simba's ears are cute! :) They remind me of Kane's.

If you were to go for a crop, I'd go for a show. :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Everyone makes a good point of the nice set of natural ears. As much as I love cropping I have a male and a female with a gorgeous set of ears I could dream of cutting.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Bulldog's ears just give them so much personality LOL ... Bogart has some great natural ears but when he get's excited they do the funniest things

His ears in there Natural State

LOL when he is excited - I just love the personality their ears give off it cracks me up

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
LOL. They look like they're gonna start spinning like helicopter blades and fly him away!! So cute. :)

Kane's used to do the same, but not so much now that he's older.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea I am still thinking about it tho Im going to talk to my vet first
I do like his ears tho when he gets happy he is really playfully and loves to jump around and always gives people he meets kisses and I love how his ears stand up that's why I'm thinking about it but I still need to make my decision thank you guys for the nice comments

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Well I just gotta say that he's a handsome pup Ivan! Very nice natural ears, but if you get them done, share pics! Personally, I'm a fan of natural ears, but I've seen a few dogs who look good with a nice crop. The show crop is my favorite. But very cute pup nontheless! :)

You live in Salinas? My girlfrien lives in Hollister and we go to Salinas sometimes to shop or whatever. Everytime we go there, we hit the fish and chips place next to the mall. So good!! Haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I just gotta say that he's a handsome pup Ivan! Very nice natural ears, but if you get them done, share pics! Personally, I'm a fan of natural ears, but I've seen a few dogs who look good with a nice crop. The show crop is my favorite. But very cute pup nontheless! :)

You live in Salinas? My girlfrien lives in Hollister and we go to Salinas sometimes to shop or whatever. Everytime we go there, we hit the fish and chips place next to the mall. So good!! Haha
Yea I live in salinas I sometimes go to the fish and chips when I'm at the mall

Well thanks for the nice comment I definatelly will share pictures if I get them cropped

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
$400 is probably average with blood work and post care.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts