Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: so I was out walking Dooney this mourning. WHen i come around the corner I see this guy walking out of his house with a Weimaraner. The guy has one of those retractable leashes in his hand but for some odd reason it not clipped to his freaking dog.
So here come this dog charging toward us he was barking. Now I don't know his intentions but his body language was not friendly at all. I grab Dooneys collar with both hands. Dooney never made a sound he just crouched his front legs and peeled his lip back showing his teeth( I know this is not good ), but there was no getting away. So I kick the guy dog.... He rolled a few feet and stood up looked at us but didn't come closer.
The owner finally come up looks at me like he didn't know what to say. I told him it was either I got him or my dog did and walked off. I looked back at him and asked if he had a leash( even after I saw he did). He showed it to me with a sarcastic smile, but never said a thing. Why dog some people feel the rules don't apply to them in my town my dog would been the "trouble maker" even though it was not our fault.:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Should have kicked the owner too. I almost had to kick someones dog that I know the other day. I would have felt bad since I know them, but they would have deserved it since their dog was in the front yard unleashed and just roaming around. I was also on the opposite side of the road on the sidewalk from where their house is.

Alot of people have no common sense and of course if something does happen, even if its not our fault. Our dogs are the bad guys. Sucks that it has to be this way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thats so frustrating! Luckliy you were able to stop it without any fighting or any harm to yourself! I dont understand what people think, my neighbor in my apartment always puts the dog on a leash after they walk out the door and are going down the stairs, just the other day i walked out of my apartment with my two dogs right when she did and the dog came at us and almost made it into my apartment, luckly i got the door shut, but seriously is it that much more effort to put the leash on BEFORE you open the door?!?!

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
What a tool bag... Did 1/3 of the population just suddenly forget the fact they were born with a brain & thumbs for a reason?

Good job for not losing your cool - I unfortunately have a very short fuse & mouthed off to my neighbor in a similar situation that came on my property unannounced with their dog charging at mine then blaming my dog when theirs was at fault to my face. Luckily it didn't get any uglier then me telling that POS off... Shortly after she put up a fence & stays out of my face ;)

One more thing, I won't accept someone telling me my dog is the bad guy. I will turn it right back around on a person if they dare so - don't take ppls [email protected] If their gonna dish it they best be willing a surefire return. Of course in a respectful manner that will make a person evaluate themselves... Sooner or later people will get it.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I don't get it. But I am glad to hear you guys aren't mad at me cuase my wife was a little upset. even-though she understands she wants the people on the block to like us. I kinda don't care much.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
You didn't do anything wrong... Had she been in your position, would she have been able to defend herself & ya'lls dog? You did what you had to & hopefully that guy will put his dog on a leash from now on.

I understand wanting to be liked, but responsibility & safety kind of overrides when an ignorant situation arises... Especially when it's already a touchy situation due to bsl on the rise. One simple situation can turn sour & effect dog owners as a whole. Nothing is as simple as we'd like it to be - but that's life.

Best wishes

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Yeah I don't get it. But I am glad to hear you guys aren't mad at me cuase my wife was a little upset. even-though she understands she wants the people on the block to like us. I kinda don't care much.
I think the people on your block would like ya'll even less if your dog would have gotten ahold of him instead of you.
People suck and are stupid.I have no tolerance for people with no common sense or manners.
Just make sure that you continue to be the responsible one and always take other peoples stupidity into account when your taking your precautions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts