Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

His ears are kinda crazy looking right about now.. he is 13 weeks and getting them cropped on thrusday

I tried to get a pic of his body, constructive criticism welcome

He is a wonderful pup, I love him very much, just wanting to see what you think of him
his parents,

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
He is a very cute puppy!! :) I hope the crop turns our great. Definitely bring in pictures of what you want done.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I searched forever for a vet that I trusted, and the one I found does a couple a week for 30+years, so I feel comfortable finally, one of the thingS that worried me is his hind end, his dads legs have bad (angulation?)

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Yes his Dad has very straight stifles...which also makes him have a high rear end. The pup looks to be cow hocked...

Not sure what breed or mix of breeds the parents are (they don't look like American Pit Bull Terriers, they look more like Amstaff/Ambully crosses) but if you don't have paperwork, there is no way to even know what breed of dog they are. There are over 20 different breeds and mixes that everyone calls a "pitbull" and it's completely false. Bully breed dogs can have similar looks but that doesn't make them all ONE BREED. Yes BSL would call those dogs pitbulls.... Which seems to have become a term that lops in all bully breed dogs.

Here is a good post to read: http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/119378-my-dog-mix-pure-blooded.html

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked into his pedigree a couple times, after finding the same dog 37x on his moms 11 gen ped, His father is ckc, with only 3 generations of who know what, I decided that I love him no matter what and above all I want him to be healthy, I don't plan on showing or breeding him though

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Dad and pup have nice tight feet :) and that is great that you have a positive attitude about it all! Yeah Gotti is American Bully Bloodline. Hope you stick around, look forward to seeing how your pup grows!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
His dad was the most lovable dog i've met in a while, more "motherly" than the mama.. I think his dad looks very nice I was just concerned about hip/leg issues

·
Hitting the Trails Weekly
344 Posts
He looks pretty good, his rear doesn't look as high as his father's though you can't be 100% sure until he's mature. Nice looking pup either way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts