Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ice is about three months old (from what the previous owner told me) and she has been with us going on two weeks. First week she was fine now she is eating everything but her food. She will eat the food out of my hand sometimes but that's it. What should I do? Is this a normal phase?

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Have you recently switched foods? Is the food out of date, or possibly moldy or mildewed? What are you feeding her? What do you mean she's eating everything but her food? Has she gotten ahold of something that could possibly be causing a blockage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She ate old roy at her old home, I bought her beneful healthy grow puppy food. She is eating bugs outside, little pieces of anything left on the floor, fallen leaves. Just all kinds of crazy crap. I mean I know she is a puppy but dang what's wrong with the food this week that wasn't last week? I bought the bag when I got her so I don't think it's old.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
beneful is crap food, try something that offers proper nutrients. there are many threads on foods if you use the search at the top , things like Orijen, Acana, TOTW, Blue buffalo wilderness even costco kirkland brand are way better choices. The costco food probably won't even cost you more.
Is she losing weight? alot of times they go through growth spurts where they eat alot then come out of it and may look to be where they aren't eating but may just be smaller amounts. If they are not losing weight and staying hydrated I would not worry.
Are her shots and worming up to date? if they aren't you may want to get her wormed again , also if she IS losing weight a vet check and opinion will never hurt.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
u can always email taste of the wild and they will send u free samples. then u can see if she likes it before u buy a bag. if she its it then u know... lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts