Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my dog. Every single time she sees a cup with a drink in it, she takes her nose and tips it over. I think she does it because she wants ice. She absolutely loves ice. I have no idea how to make her stop doing it. She knows she's not supposed to do it so she only does it when she thinks no one is watching her. If she's about to tip it over and you look at her she backs up really quick and sits down. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to make her stop???

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts
jboo101907 said:
I'm having a problem with my dog. Every single time she sees a cup with a drink in it, she takes her nose and tips it over. I think she does it because she wants ice. She absolutely loves ice. I have no idea how to make her stop doing it. She knows she's not supposed to do it so she only does it when she thinks no one is watching her. If she's about to tip it over and you look at her she backs up really quick and sits down. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to make her stop???
When you are walking away from YOUR cup move it to a location she can not get to it at.

Get a small tin can put some pennies in it glue it closed

When she does go to do it and you notice but she does not see you notice. When she goes to do it & you can not be right next to her throw it at her feet. It will not hurt her just scare her and she will think it is the cup, location and can that did it not you but you have to call her and be REALLY SIMPITHETIC so she does not know you thru it. It really works believe me I do it when I train puppies all the time.

Deb

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
You can also use a squirt gun I had more luck with that as I'm a bad aim and only had one shot at getting the can at the dog.

·
2,074 Posts
I do not recommend squirt guns for two reasons, used enough you can teach the dog not to like water & your furniture.

The can does not even have to hit the dog just be in the generalized area, enough to make the dog jump and want to run to you.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Well Dab I have used the squirt gun on a lot of dogs and cats I have never had one that was scared of water or the furniture. I did have an abused dog that was terrified of the noise of the can she would shake and cry. The squirt gun didn't make her do that. To each their own and I was offering an alternative choice to reprimand the dog.

·
2,074 Posts
MY MIKADO said:
Well Dab I have used the squirt gun on a lot of dogs and cats I have never had one that was scared of water or the furniture. I did have an abused dog that was terrified of the noise of the can she would shake and cry. The squirt gun didn't make her do that. To each their own and I was offering an alternative choice to reprimand the dog.
First off my name is not DAB it is DEB

I didnt not say it would not work
and about the furniture maybe I should have wrote it a bit better. I was talking about getting it all wet.

Damn here we go again you coming at me .. damn you know go for it. I never get tired of a GOOD DEBATE

Deb

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Sorry Deb I didn't mean to write Dab some times my fingers don't go where I want them too.

"I do not recommend squirt guns for two reasons, used enough you can teach the dog not to like water & your furniture." Your quote.

I take this sentance to mean that the dog will be scared of the furniture. So by your last post this is not what you meant. I feel that you came after me as all I did was post an alternative way of training and you JUMPED in on WHY you don't like it. The guy asked a question and we both gave a response that should have been the end of it.

I'm not going to debate on why one method is better than the other. There are different training methods out there and we should let the OP's choose what they want.

·
2,074 Posts
MY MIKADO said:
Sorry Deb I didn't mean to write Dab some times my fingers don't go where I want them too.

"I do not recommend squirt guns for two reasons, used enough you can teach the dog not to like water & your furniture." Your quote.

I take this sentance to mean that the dog will be scared of the furniture. So by your last post this is not what you meant. I feel that you came after me as all I did was post an alternative way of training and you JUMPED in on WHY you don't like it. The guy asked a question and we both gave a response that should have been the end of it.

I'm not going to debate on why one method is better than the other. There are different training methods out there and we should let the OP's choose what they want.
Hun since I have came on this board I truly believe we both have benefited with our advice. I dont want to fight or argue with you. I believe you can I could learns lots from each other given the chance. But you know a good debate about training is a good way to learn may not be on this one but on any other might be good. like I said we both have experience to offer.

Have a Happy 2008

Dont worry I was picking on your when you said DAB yell I have called myself worse that that LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts