Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Common Sense Expert
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I recently took in a new dog, Rossi, and for the most part she's an awesome dog. She defiantly needs some training. I have her with my other dogs and they do just fine, however if I tell her NOOO (which I do in a low voice to help correct behaviors) my boy Sam will automatically think I'm talking to him. He then thinks he's in trouble, when he's done nothing wrong. I hate that cause I can't give her the low voice without making Sam think he's also done something wrong. How can I fix this?

Rossi & Sam

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
Good looking dogs.
Trying picking a dif negative word for the new dog. See if it helps. Maybe try a dif tone too.
I usually snap my fingers or say aat to my Bulldog, and say no, or off to my Chihuahua. Has been working well so far. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I like Ecko's idea, more about training you to use the right words or sounds than the pups, lol. Very cute pups!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yeah but if you are like me I have a hard enough time not calling Mel my cats name, lol let alone remembering different NO words when they would be needed hahaha good luck! Good thing is you just got one pup so they will not be confused :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
My 2 do the same thing. My husband rarely raises his voice but when he does for whatever reason both will scatter and go in another area out of the way. Even the one that is crated in another room. I myself use different commands for each dog. No vs leave it, back up vs behind, drop it vs give it, enough vs stop. It helped having one trained with specific words that is older and when I got a another one. I learned on here simpler words as commands and worked on those with the new dog after awhile it became a habit. Now they don't react to a command given another dog unless like I said my husband raises his voice even when he is not referring to them.

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
My 2 do the same thing. My husband rarely raises his voice but when he does for whatever reason both will scatter and go in another area out of the way. Even the one that is crated in another room. I myself use different commands for each dog. No vs leave it, back up vs behind, drop it vs give it, enough vs stop. It helped having one trained with specific words that is older and when I got a another one. I learned on here simpler words as commands and worked on those with the new dog after awhile it became a habit. Now they don't react to a command given another dog unless like I said my husband raises his voice even when he is not referring to them.
That's exactly what I was going for. I mean, if I drop the F bomb, the entire house scatters, kids and all. But in most cases, they all have their own commands and words that mean no.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Lol. In my house, if one is doing something wrong, usually they are not alone. So in my case, one set command is sufficient. And that is generally chshhhhhh. (Yes, I did watch Caesar in Dog Whisperer- but hey, it worked!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts