Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you like to see it be.

No titles are being taken away, but we were told we could submit for a new title designed to be more for the weight pull only dogs.

I saw the other thread, what do you think we could add to make it a title that weight pullers could be proud of, not that they aren't already proud of their titles, you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
ONe that not all dogs could get? And I mean that, not trying to be sarcastic. Just a title where only points are awarded to the best dogs in that particular event.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
OldFortKennels said:
ONe that not all dogs could get? And I mean that, not trying to be sarcastic. Just a title where only points are awarded to the best dogs in that particular event.
I agree with OFK on this one!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I've always thought there should be a judge's choice or people's choice for the dog who pulled with the most heart. That wouldn't be a title, just an award. I already pitched it to a member of the UNWPA, and she liked the idea, but who knows if it will ever take off.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
a 10,000 plus weight pulled award..
The problem with this one is that it is biased and very subjective to tracks. Again, weight is just a number, its the resistance it creates. 10,000 was not a big feat at the NC show this year due to the track. Switch pulled close to 8000lbs at 48lbs so the bigger dogs had no problem with it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously, I don't want to pull 10,000 lbs again, that whole pull took too long and the weight was way too high to be safe.

Seriously, what would be some of the guidelines you would like to see for a new title.
Points only if you place, a MWPP or MWP earned at least twice, what would be what you would want to see?

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Personaly,i dont beleieve weights pulled on anything but wheels shows the true strenghth of the dog,jmo.it shows some buit not all strenght..
how is wheels any different than rails? I understand wheels has more resistance with less weight but the more weight you add to the rails the higher the resistance anyway. You can take a scale and measure the resistance and it comes out the same, you just need more weight on rails? I dont see any difference other than the amount of weight.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
along the lines of what Cane said, maybe a 75 x your body weight club or something, but then again that all depends on the track!

You could have a year end trophy(s) for the top 5 dogs with the highest cumulative body percentages or better yet the top 5 dogs with the MOST Body Pound wins that year!! Now that would be a cool trophy/ title!!!

Best Body Pound Winner of the year or

Most Body Pound wins of the year.

I am going to suggest this at our next NKC meeting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts