Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I was looking at it on ceasers show , thought it looked interesting. Havent tried it though , let me know if you like it and how it works exactly would love to hear more on it.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
It's just another way to get you to spend money on something you don't need. A regular training collar depending on your dogs personality it all you really need. All these quick fix collars do not solve the problem they just create a crutch you now have to use instead of just fixing the problem. JMO

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
interesting, seems like another take on the gentle leader but WAY more secure. I agree with the nose comments he made in the video, didn't know it was 60% though, lol. But I also hear what PK is saying. You want to correct the issue that's causing him to pull you, not find a leash that lets the pup get away with bad behaviors.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Wow, that's a LOT of money to keep your slip chain from sliding down the neck....... because that's all that is. Yes, the top of the neck is where you want a correction collar to ride (slip or prong) as it's more sensitive there and if you are using one of these training tools you would want it to be in the most effective area, but you can acheive that exact same result by simply putting a regular buckle collar right below your training collar and using a small carabiner or clips to keep it in place. Since your dog is probably already wearing a flat buckle when not in training, the carabiner or clips would run you what, 2 bucks?
Despite the videos tie in to controlling the nose, that collar gives you no more control over the head and nose than a normal (properly placed) slip or prong.
Performancek9's is spot on. Training tools are meant to be used as aids in training, not in place of training itself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that's a LOT of money to keep your slip chain from sliding down the neck....... because that's all that is. Yes, the top of the neck is where you want a correction collar to ride (slip or prong) as it's more sensitive there and if you are using one of these training tools you would want it to be in the most effective area, but you can acheive that exact same result by simply putting a regular buckle collar right below your training collar and using a small carabiner or clips to keep it in place. Since your dog is probably already wearing a flat buckle when not in training, the carabiner or clips would run you what, 2 bucks?
Despite the videos tie in to controlling the nose, that collar gives you no more control over the head and nose than a normal (properly placed) slip or prong.
Performancek9's is spot on. Training tools are meant to be used as aids in training, not in place of training itself.
That was the problem we were having, the slip chain sliding. We tried something similar to what you are saying but she kept shaking it untill it would slide down to where she liked it. This has helped stop that tremendously. I agree, Im not looking for a quick fix, just something that works the way I need it too, and its working so Im happy with it.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I would just use a prong, if fitted properly it does not really slip.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
That was the problem we were having, the slip chain sliding. We tried something similar to what you are saying but she kept shaking it untill it would slide down to where she liked it. This has helped stop that tremendously. I agree, Im not looking for a quick fix, just something that works the way I need it too, and its working so Im happy with it.
If you have a problem with a slip chain sliding down it was probably too big. I hate slip chains in most cases but if you know how to properly use them and fit them the work on most dogs. A good fitting chain fits pretty tight and should stay just under the jaw where it is a little smaller than the rest of the neck and it should be hard to take on and off when it fits properly. They also have slip chains that come apart and you can clip around the neck to ensure a correct fit.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
If you have a problem with a slip chain sliding down it was probably too big. I hate slip chains in most cases but if you know how to properly use them and fit them the work on most dogs. A good fitting chain fits pretty tight and should stay just under the jaw where it is a little smaller than the rest of the neck and it should be hard to take on and off when it fits properly. They also have slip chains that come apart and you can clip around the neck to ensure a correct fit.
I prefer the slips and prongs that come apart. can get a better fit with them IMO.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I'm cheap, I can't see paying 50 bucks for something like that. I would suffer through the hassle of adjusting an ill fitting collar back up or train the dog to where it didn't need it, but like I said, I'm cheap. (at least when it comes to wasting my money on gimmicks)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts