Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I will forever regret neutering our boy...as he has neutering incontinence. We have a follow up appt with the vet tonight to see if it is a treatable situation. I just hope it can be treated.... has anybody ever had this happen where it wasn't able to be treated? I have seen most cases are with females, not males. I know if it can't be treated my hubby will get rid of him as he already dislikes him :'( when we got him neutered they assured us that all risks were minimal and the vet has the lowest incidences in the entire state... I feel so guilty and am so upset with myself. I don't want him wearing diapers the rest of his life...

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Oh no! Was that what the lump was from? That is a reason why I wont ever neuter a male until they are at least 12 to 14 months. Your not a bad mom you did the responsible thing for your dog. How old is he? Poor guy....I feel so bad for you and him :( I also wouldn't regret neutering him....I just would have waited. I'm not spaying Bella until a year old because like you said females are more apt to suffer from it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that is what the lump was from :( with Lily we are going to wait as long as we can. His appointment is in an hour and 45 minutes so I will keep you updated with what the doctor says. I am really praying there is medicine for him. I don't want him to suffer anymore. He has being peeing in his sleep every night.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Yes that is what the lump was from :( with Lily we are going to wait as long as we can. His appointment is in an hour and 45 minutes so I will keep you updated with what the doctor says. I am really praying there is medicine for him. I don't want him to suffer anymore. He has being peeing in his sleep every night.
How old is your boy and Lily?? Yes, please keep us updated. I was thinking of you from your last post. I had a neutered male that suffered from incontinence but not until he was in the last years of his life. He was neutered at 6 or 7 months and started with incontinence at 11. He wore a belly band the last 18 months of his life. I couldn't imagine that happening to a puppy :( I hope there is something that can help him. I will say a prayer for him. Stay positive :hug:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leo is 5 months come april 7th and Lily will be 4 months. I think we will wait until 7 months with Lily just to be sure.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Leo is 5 months come april 7th and Lily will be 4 months. I think we will wait until 7 months with Lily just to be sure.
Oh boy he is young. How long ago was he fixed? Yes. I would even wait until 8 months to fix lily.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
BOTH of my male pups developed a "dripping" problem later on. I wouldn't classify it as full on incontinence, and it didn't occur until years later. They were neutered by different vets and I always knew it was due to the neutering. It would come and go, and each had bouts of UTI. I got used to it and so did they, but I am very cautious about doing this ever again. I didn't have all the info/debate that exists today via internet, etc. 14 years ago. Wish I did:( Don't give up on your pup, he wouldn't give up on you. Your husband...well, that's your call:)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We got him 28 days worth of antibiotics and he is good to go :D although he's a bit antsy after 2 hours at the vet...and then the hubs accidently shut his paw in the car door. Thankfully he can walk on it and doesn't seem like it hurt him too badly.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We got him 28 days worth of antibiotics and he is good to go :D although he's a bit antsy after 2 hours at the vet...and then the hubs accidently shut his paw in the car door. Thankfully he can walk on it and doesn't seem like it hurt him too badly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts