Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello my name is joe and i'm looking for a pitbull puppy for my mother she just lost her pitbull mix because of old age the dog was 15 and a half my mother bottled feed her ever since my brother bought her home the dog lived a great life and now my mother wants another one but she is looking for one that is 4 months or younger so she can train the dog herself . if anyone is worried that my mom willo not take good care of the dog just wait till you meet her when she comes and looks at anyones dogs but if you can plese send pics first that would be nice thank you and here is my contact number XXX-XXX-XXXX .

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
i dont think u'll find what ur looking for in this forum, just my honest opinion. but check out petfinder.com or ur local shelter, u'd be surprised what kinda dogs other people "throw away".

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Hi Joe. I took out your phone number, you really shouldn't post that on an open forum. Ask for people to contact you by PM when you wish to have people contact you.=)

Petfinder is a wonderful suggestion. Tons of Pit Bulls and Pit Bull type dogs and puppies on there. She could also check out the shelters in her area.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Just my opinion. I think it is great that your mom wants a pup and is willing to adopt a young one. I would also look into shelters in your area or a rescue. You might want to think forward before getting a pup though. They are a lot of work, they live a long time. Have you thought about when your mom will no longer be able to care for this dog. Will you have an alternate home within your family to keep the dog if she can no longer care for him.

My mom too wants another dog after losing her best friend. She wants either a APBT or a Rottie. Her neighbors breed Rottie's and they have put it in her head that she could handle one. I remind her of the times when she let her dog out and she was unable to get him back in the house as he aged and would call me in the middle of the night to come and help her get him in the house. You have to look at the effects a dog this size and strength along with her abilities as your mom also ages before giving her what she wants vs what is best for both of them. Please think hard, especially if there is a time when she can no longer care for her beloved dog. What will become of them then. Good luck.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I agree with previous posts, you shouldn't post your personal information on the open forum. Always request that someone send you a Private Message (PM), or an email.

Also, visit your local shelter or non-profit rescue to find what you're looking for. We don't sell pups here, but we do have an Adopt-A-Bulls section where you can view adoptable dogs/pups and if someone is located in your area, you are more than welcome to contact them via PM.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
You should check your local shelters.. there are always pregnant bitches ending up there.. you should try to adopt before looking for a pup because 9 out of 10 times you're gonna find a byb and probly get a better dog from the shelter :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts