Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to the site and i decided to join to get more education on the breed and maybe some tips for training the pit pups I have now. I have 2 beautiful blue nose pits. They are litter mates and both are boys. They're names are Axel and Hoover. They are the sweetest puppies ever! I was against getting pit bulls for a while because everyone gives them a bad rap..but my fiance and I bought a house in Jan. and we decided that puppies were the only thing missing. He had wanted a blue nose for a while, and I refused, eventually, I told myself I needed to compromise and at least look, and as I was looking for a local breeder, I came across the litter of puppies that were both, what we were looking for, and what we wanted in a dog. We went to go see the puppies, and like all pups are, they were breathtaking. The mother and father were on-site as well and the father of the pups was playing with them (usually the dads hate the pups). The parents both had good temperament, and the puppies loved to get attention.They were about 5 ½ weeks old when we first saw them. Just little things, with big hearts. We fell in love with the two boys that we got and we took them home at about 8 ½ weeks. They’ve been my pride and joy ever since. Sometimes they can get a little out of hand because they’re pros at getting each other wound up, but they are the biggest teddy bears anyone could ask for. Now they are about 9 months and we still keep in contact with the breeder, who still has the parents and 2 of their brothers that we coordinate play dates with. When people ask me what kind of dogs I have, they seem so taken back when I tell them. They think I would own a little poodle or something, and it’s really annoying when people think they are “killers” and they’re mean…I really wish I could take my dogs everywhere I go just so I could show people how loving and loyal they are. I’m really glad I signed up for the site, I can finally talk about my dogs with people who understand what it’s like owning a pit.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome, beautiful dogs!

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Cute pups. Welcome :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome to GP, always glad to see new dogs.... Just a little info blue nose does not mean anything other than stating the color of your dogs nose :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, whats the alternative to "blue nose" It's pretty common to hear people say that about their dogs, so I don't see the big deal.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
blue nose is just a color same as rednose or brindle or whatever , you cant have rednose x bluenose ect your dog is the color it is . People seem to mistake this with bloodlines and thinkingblue is special or something its not. You either have american pitbull terrier or an american bully or mixes , really only way to tell what lines or what breed you have is by looking at there pediree .

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
The issue mostly is when it's used as a breed. Normally you don't say I have a brown nose Rottweiler. Or a black nose cocker spaniel , it's just weird to do it with pit bulls since its not anything BUT a color, why include it like its a breed or a characteristic? Most people do not realize its just a color do its better to Not refer to it IMO so other non educated peeps get confused

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts