Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cam home from the store today and my girl pit was locked up with her son. :( this is something that I did not want to happen and didn't expect since he is still so young. What does this do to the puppies. She will be getting fixed after this liter.:(

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
If you are planning to fix her anyways I would do a spay and abort , best option here especially with it not being an optimal breeding. then you dont have to worry about added expenses later on , c section cost if needed can add up to $1000 after everything, pups shots depending on vet could run $20-$50 per pup. any un for seen problems with the pups { I just went through parvo with a litter} it ran me $1200 and that was with a nice vet who cut alot of costs. spay and abort sounds best to me if you werent wanting this anyways. best of luck .

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
you can fix her now and avoid having unwanted puppies. You can spay and abort the litter, you can abort the litter at any time but it is easier to do it now before she is too far along. Inbreeding in it's self is not a bad thing and done a lot in breeding programs so they puppies would be fine but again this was an accident and you can abort the litter.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Nothing bad will happen to the pups unless they are seriously inbred a couple generations. Inbreeding is common with the APBT.
I sugest aborting and spaying if they are not wanted.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
The puppies will most likely be fine. Many breeders use this as a breeding tool. But you can consider doing a spay abort, so then you do not need to worry about finding the puppies homes and adding to the pet population.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
abort and spay :D no need for anymore apbts in shelters

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
It is nice to see people giving advice with out attacking the person asking the question. KUDOS to those who answered.

How old is she? How far along in her heat cycle?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Fix her now. Don't wait. As for the puppies, inbreeding is something that can brings all that hidden stuff to the fore. So it all depends on what is in the pedigree of your dogs. Best bet, since you aren't prepared for puppies, get her spayed ASAP. No sense in putting her through the trauma of another litter if you don't even want it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I agree with everyone else as well. Spay her now and abort the litter, there are waaaay too many unwanted pitbulls in shelters, and if you aren't prepared for this litter, spay and abort is the best way to go if you are planning on getting her spayed anyway. Good thing you came here for advice, :welcome: to GP, I hope that through this incident you can learn more about the breed. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts