Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
reading here in regards to heat cyles brings me to ask this question. When, or better yet, at what age do females actually start having these heat cycles? Also, if spayed, does this prevent from having the males "hump" the females? The only sure thing I know, (maybe, LOL) is that females give off this scent that attracts the males and they go crazy trying to go after the females. Any info of course will help. Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
my girls came in around the 7-8 month , depends on the dog though. And the spay thing will keep males from producing lol but the humping thing may not stop my male will try and hum other males , even my females hump eachother lol its more a dominant thing then anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been told the humping is a dominant behavior. More than likely I will have the female done, as for the male, I have a tough decision to make. Only because I live in a house full of women and my pup and I are the only males here. Hahaha. But seriously, I didn't get my pups to be a byb. I too don't believe in them. I'll leave that to the pros. I got them cause I had one as I was growing up, my oldest daughter did as well and now since we've been blessed with a new addition she should too. Thank you both blue_nose_bella and angelbaby. PS those lniks were very helpful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.