Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
this is a father daughter breeding for one so yes not to mention monster is grandfather uncle and something else but i cant figure it out oh thats right line bred and in bred all the way for seven gen. from raider 2 and camacho do good if i am not mistaken. every thing Pedigree of 7 gen ped. American Bully Online Pedigree

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is this inbreeding okay? I thought inbreeding is bad? is there an exception or something?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Inbreeding itself is not bad, but it brings out recessive traits. So it should only be attempted by an experienced breeder, not be done just because they happened to have those two dogs handy, or other similar goofy reasons. You're limiting the gene pool and doubling up on what is back there. If there's anything hiding in that pedigree, like a health problem, inbreeding on those dogs is going to bring that to the fore. So it could be good, or it could be very bad. What is produced depends on what is in the pedigree.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Inbreeding itself is not bad, but it brings out recessive traits. So it should only be attempted by an experienced breeder, not be done just because they happened to have those two dogs handy, or other similar goofy reasons. You're limiting the gene pool and doubling up on what is back there. If there's anything hiding in that pedigree, like a health problem, inbreeding on those dogs is going to bring that to the fore. So it could be good, or it could be very bad. What is produced depends on what is in the pedigree.
:goodpost:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts