Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ill start off by saying he stays hydrated loves playing around like crazy and has had no emotional or physical setbacks but I want to see what can be done. So from the get go Hemi has solid stools but I had to cold turkey him off of the kirkland brand dog food bc I never bought that kind so he went straight to evo. He had huge stools and bad and I mean BAD gas and every few stools he would have diarrhea so i figured i would ease him into orijen puppy. I switched him to orijen puppy and he loved it more than evo. He doesn't leave the bowel eats a whole cup morning lunch and dinner but his stools were the same howevet now he has more diarrhea stools than solid and even the solids are more pudding style than fully hard. I got a little worried so I bought a wormer and two nights ago gave him the pills that night he had a horribly runny stool but the thanksgiving morning he had more solid ones than he's had in a week. Its still of and on but more so pretty solid with a little bit of liquid no blood though. I'm wondering could he be allergic to chicken? He kind of scratching for no reason nibbling on his legs and scratching his neck ( not sure if that's just the collar)
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
How old is the dog?

Has he had all his updates?

Is it a mix,bully,amstaff.or a apbt...?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Pumpkin will help with loose stools or this supplement Bixbi - Premium, USA Sourced, Jerky for Dogs as far as being allergic not sure. Do you give any kind of treats or chews that are different from the food if so what?

Also have you actually had the vet do a stool sample?

·
Banned
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is an am bully he's 4 months is utd on shots had two wormings first with the kennel at 3 weeks I believe and by me at 4 months just a few days ago.

As far as treats he gets nothing but his kibble only even as a treat I juat have a bag with me at all times with pieces for him the only toys he chews are pig ears and the occasional rawhide

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
Mite be and i'm saying mite be cocidia[sp]...went threw a bit of that earlier this year.....ez to treat...but catch it early.....

Allergies i kno nuthin about...this long tho is time for the vet to step in....and he can be dehydrated and not appear to be...for real if he's got the runs.....

Msk is rite , get a stool ckd out...

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
no i've been looking for a vet around he but the three i've called don't accept "pit type dogs"

sent from petguide.com free app
you have to be kiddin rite...i've never heard of such a thing...

Wtf do u live???????????????????????/ grrrrrrrrrrr

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
yeah that's next step just trying to find a good vet lol most of the ones around me are idiots and don't accept "vicious breeds or pit types" :-/

for crying out loud...dont they take some kinda oath or something???/god almitey...wtf is this world coming to?????????//

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
i'm in az on the west side there's mostly private practices unfortunately. I'm looking though i just don't want to end up with a shitty vet.

how close ru to chandler??? I got some folks that mite b able to help...

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
a bit of a drive but willing to make it to get him checked.
I got hung up on by the last "vet" bc i cursed out of frustration.

dont blame ya 1 bit....well pookie is from az. And apbt76 is.....how far do ya have to go to get to chandler....i'll see if i can touch base with my bud for ya..

·
Banned
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Depending on what part 25-45 min like I said would be willing to travel for sure especially if you know them. Rather have him checked with reliable people than pay to get him checked by some jackass

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
He's checkin now to see if his vet is open....albon is what i treated cocidia with...and you should do it asap...

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I don't think the itching is from the food if you are doing Orijen. It could be the detergent you are washing his bed in... Or random stuff...and definitely could be a parasite. Sometimes just doing a 24 hour fast from food, and just give water can really help clear the system. That is what I would do.

Keep us posted!

·
Banned
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My wife couldt find our natural oatmeal shampoo for our dogs and used this random cheap crap we had hidden in the back I'm thinking that's where the itching came from ill wait on welders info and I think I may try the fasting bc my next day off is tues but if I can get him seen earlier ill take a day off.

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
Hey bud,the number is 408-895-7633.randy walker.dvm.sunlakes animal clinic..if that dont work...google this 1. East valley animal clinics....but he's just like me...i thought they had to treat'm....it's the law.....and if this dude takes his dogs here u can bet your ass it's a good joint...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts