Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indi gave me my birthday present early this year... two days ago she started bleeding. She will be inseminated soon... I'm nervous for her... she has such a great disposition... I know she will be a great mommy... I know I have the best vetrinary care, and I've helped our collies whelp before, but I'm still nervous... I've never bred Bullies before.

I know you all know what Indi looks like, but here's some photos of the sire

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
OHHHH! I can't wait for those little Hippos. I want one soooo bad! I really wish I had the time and room. Keep us %100 posted!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Why not take her directly to the male? Isn't that one of Kim Taylor's co-owns? I would be skeptical if someone sent me a frozen straw... (if that's how you are going about it), what if they decide to pull a switch-a-roo on you? I know this is normal in the bully community but it just seems unnatural to me. I don't know, I'm just playing devil's advocate I suppose.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Why not take her directly to the male? Isn't that one of Kim Taylor's co-owns? I would be skeptical if someone sent me a frozen straw... (if that's how you are going about it), what if they decide to pull a switch-a-roo on you? I know this is normal in the bully community but it just seems unnatural to me. I don't know, I'm just playing devil's advocate I suppose.
hmmmm u drop a good point...... how come u dont just hook them up the good ol fashion way?

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand your concerns, and thanks for looking out for me! Yes, Tua is now owned by Kim Taylor, but the semen that will be shipped to my vet is owned by the previous owner Ulysses Marquez of Island Pride Bullies and it was collected before Tua went to Kim. Tua is DNA-VIP and Indi will be DNA-P so the litter will be DNA-VIP... As you know with the UKC if there is an artificial insemination breeding, the litter must be DNA verified. I'm giving Ulysses kids first pick out of the litter. This is really "his litter" because he's the one who produced Indi (she's a co-own). He has had planned this breeding before Indi was even born... I agreed to it only after Indi had been throughly examined for health. Kim has nothing to do with this... thank god! I originally wanted a live breeding, but Kim wasn't cooperative... after speaking with Ulysses he told me that even if I had the option to do the live breeding he couldn't guarantee Tua could preform because of the height difference between Indi and him. Tua is SHOOORT... probably the shortest Bully I've ever seen.

Ulysses wants to do a photo shoot with Indi this week, I'll post the pictures as soon as we get it done!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
haha...I hear that! I wouldn't trust K.T. to ship me anything....lol. Are you getting a pup out of the deal? I would hope so. I hate co-owns...my girl Lucy is a co-own until the breeder has a litter. I've been trying to get out of it. I told her, you can't plan a breeding with a dog that hasn't proven that she was worthy od being bred. I'm going to put alot of time and work into Lucy. Maybe I'll offer her a pup off of Charlotte's litter just to get Lucy's registration papers and slide out of that deal. I will never do a co-own again!!!

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha...I hear that! I wouldn't trust K.T. to ship me anything....lol. Are you getting a pup out of the deal? I would hope so. I hate co-owns...my girl Lucy is a co-own until the breeder has a litter. I've been trying to get out of it. I told her, you can't plan a breeding with a dog that hasn't proven that she was worthy od being bred. I'm going to put alot of time and work into Lucy. Maybe I'll offer her a pup off of Charlotte's litter just to get Lucy's registration papers and slide out of that deal. I will never do a co-own again!!!
I have the whole litter to choose from with the exception of the one him and his family choose. Ulysses and I talked about the breeding about a year ago and at that time he told me that he would just do the breeding with no pup back since he had Ipod (shea on kims site) and Tua at his house and a couple of other dogs with his extended family in the area... Now both dogs are at Kims and his kids are dogless at home. I told him that I still would give the kids a puppy, since the mean ol bat won't give him Tua back! It was supposed to be a temporary deal with kim and the dogs because Ulysses was in the process of trying to purchase another home. Well the home deal fell through and Kim won't return the dogs...

Big U. has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with. If I were ever in the market for another dog I would definately go back. He has such a love for the dogs and you can really tell that by just talking with him. I'm glad I found such an easy going guy. When I took Indi home with me he almost cried! I'm sure he'd kick my ass for saying that! lol This co-ownership i can't complain about. He demands visitation every once in a while and I really don't mind!

Hopefully you can get out of that deal with Lucy with the litter off of Charlotte. How many dogs do you have lady!? lol I don't think i've seen lucy yet!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hopefully you can get out of that deal with Lucy with the litter off of Charlotte. How many dogs do you have lady!? lol I don't think i've seen lucy yet!
I'm actually a dude..LOL, it's all good though. ;) My wife and I have 9 so far (some APBTs and a few bullies). Here's a pic of Lucy.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lucy is such a doll! Sorry about the lady thing...I'll correct myself now lol. Dude how many dogs do you have?! lol

wow, 9... so far??? I can round that off to a 10 here in a few months if you need it! lol that's alot of mouths to feed and excercising! i commend you for being so dedicated to the bully breeds!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts