Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a clip of Indi working her sit and lay-down. Hold and distraction phases are next. She has these two downpat for on the fly commands. I try to teach hand signaling and verbal commands simulaneously. She responds to hand signals and verbal commands together and seperately. I think this is a good method, so that when verbal communication is not possible or inappropriate, (when someone is speaking to you, for example, you don't want to have to interrupt them to give your dog a command.) I meant to demonstrate this in this vid, but forgot completely. xp

-sorry if the video is a little dark!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i agree with the verbal and hand signals. I use both with Peanut as well together and seperately. I switch them up on him during training to keep him sharp on both.

good job indica

·
Registered
910 Posts
Great video, a little dark. Keep up the good work. She is a doll!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! ^.^ I have another one I think I'm going to post up. We learned something new last night!

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I can't see anything but black, but can here you.

Keep up the good work

I also teach both hand signals and use verbal cues.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Really? Darnit! I'll redo it real quick and replace the vid. Doesn't take long. We started 'place' training last night, Indi's such a smarty she got it so quick. I've never had a dog so easy to train, and a pit bull at that! Usually they seem to have a particularly vicious case of ADHD! ;)

·
Banned
2,128 Posts
yah whata good pup. very well behaved keep up the good fight lol. they constantly want to misbehave but you must resist and keep them inline lol. she looks awesome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts