Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's getting super hot out, I would like to do some activities with my dogs inside to keep them entertained. My boy loves playing tug-of-war with a rope, but that can get messy as he loves tearing it apart into little bits of string.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
118 Posts
We play tug a lot, and I've gotten some new toys. I have been trying to teach Bert some tricks which keeps him busy. If all else fails I toss a tennis ball down the hallway for gum to fetch. Haha

I did make an ice treat for him and he stayed busy in the shade in the backyard with it. Thankfully it's cooled off a bit in the evenings, so we've been able to go for a long walk.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Play hide-and-seek. Put him in sit or down stay (or have someone hold him if he cheats like Michaela), go hide, then call him. Party when he finds you. Or, hide treats around the house (something with a scent like pieces of beef or chicken roll, hot dog slices, chicken chunks, etc.) and have him find them. Start out easy (in plain sight) at first, and as he learns the game, make the hiding places harder.
Teach him some tricks for mental stimulation. I taught Riley to walk up the stairs backwards, just for fun. I know someone who taught their dog to back up a wall, into a hand (paw?) stand. She then had him backing up trees, cars, light posts, etc.

·
Super Moderator
5,314 Posts
When the weather is too hot or cold for outdoor activities the treadmill is the best thing going. It can tire them out and we all know that a tired dog is a good dog, LOL.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts