Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a crappy carpet and pretty much need to be replaced. But i dont want to replace it with carpet.... i want something else. Somethign easy to clean, cheap, and would be a plus if i can install my self.

its a small room. the underneath is wood i believe, since we have a basement.
Any pictures you have would be greatly appreciated!!!

so far we are debating on large tiles.
its only for a small room were our 3 dogs sleep. nothing else in the house will get changed.... atleast not yet. dont have the money for it all.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we cant have a doggy door, oh i wish we could lol

as far as cold its not a problem because my sister, which owns the house that were renting a room from has the ehater on all day during the winter lol

i dont know what kind of tiles yet, aslong as it works and not expensive will do lol

right now the dogs sleep on blankets on top of the carpet. so i am going to buy crates and put the blankets in there that way they still have warmth.

THANK YOU!!! im feelign way better about this now.

· Registered
127 Posts
In the dogs room we have linolium (spelling) and the living room is Tile.
Advanatge is a sweep and mom, no hair clinging on to the carpet. ;)
(sorry I don't have any pics)

· yea, i'm that guy
2,448 Posts
I have hardwood laminate throughout the house. Except for bedrooms... withstands 3 dogs..lol

Its what I would go with.. glue underneath, snaps together basically

· The Yard Of Many Colors
3,422 Posts
we have hardwood in the kitchen and bedrooms, tile in the bathroom and kitchen :)

· Premium Member
11,110 Posts
I installed some laminate squares, real easy. I don't suggest you get stick down separate tiles square kind. Spend money on big sections. My pup running (and sliding to stops, lol) caused it to pull up and pieces have broken off.

these are the ones that have given me trouble: MS International Peacock Slate 16 in. x 16 in. Gauged Slate Floor & Wall Tile - SPCK1616 at The Home Depot

these, more expensive, but less drama. Basically any interlocking ones with stick are better than just the stick for the running pup I have anyway.
TrafficMaster Allure Tile, Ashlar 12 in. x 36 in. Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring (24 sq. ft./case) - 211713 at The Home Depot

The key is to have a perfectly level and CLEAN floor to start. I used loon (thats what my mom calls it) very very think wood hammer it right over the other flooring (if you have enough room to shut doors with the added height) and go for it. Super easy and well worth it...

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Premium Member
11,110 Posts
totally fatser, and easier and looks better, easier to be perfect lol Hate when one stupid tile shifts slightly and screw you all up!

Thay have a bunch of options, I have just not tried them. Pergo is another company my friend has used so check them out. they are more 36x36 sections that fit together. Pergo also does woodish styles and carpet as well. Very easy and not that expensive compared to a professional.

· Registered
135 Posts
I just moved into an old home... I think the floors are a type of cement. I can't remember the name of it, it starts with a 'T'. They don't make this types of floors anymore, they stopped in the 60's. Believe it or not.. I love them! Easy to care for and clean.. no problems with dogs or bringing in a new pup. It isn't the prettiest looking floor.. but it will do :)

· SASSY MINX
3,481 Posts
We have carpet for now... I hate it. Want to get tile soon but have 2000 sq-ft to cover under air... when I replace the flooring I want the main area, kitchen & bathrooms to match. Right now am in the process of installing a fence - can't wait :D.

Flooring replacement is later down the road.

I just moved into an old home... I think the floors are a type of cement. I can't remember the name of it, it starts with a 'T'. They don't make this types of floors anymore, they stopped in the 60's. Believe it or not.. I love them! Easy to care for and clean.. no problems with dogs or bringing in a new pup. It isn't the prettiest looking floor.. but it will do :)
Terrazzo? If so it's beautiful flooring & slowly making a come back. But they did stop making it for awhile. It's suppose to be eco-friendly :)

· SASSY MINX
3,481 Posts
gf doesnt like wood floors =/

looks like tile is going to be it.

Anyone install this before? is it difficult?
If you do tile, hire a professional. It's a very tedious process & worth the money. Seriously.:roll: Good luck

Also have you thought about burbur carpet? I've been considering that myself instead of tile.

check out this forum: http://www.diychatroom.com/

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.