Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if anything like this has been posted before. I have heard of some deep chested Pitbulls getting bloat from eating out of food dishes on the floor. A friend of mine almost lost his Pitbull to bloat. So, we looked around for raised food dishes but they were either real flimsy, or too expensive. So I just made some.

I just went to Walmart and bought two $3 storage bins of the right height. Then I bought two metal food dishes with wide lips, also at walmart, they were $4 a piece. Then I just cut the appropriate sized hole in the lid of the storage bin and placed the dish in the hole, viola, raised food dish.

You can store your dry dog food in the bins.
(Sorry about the dirty food dishes in the pictures, I do clean them twice a week!!!)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
good idea. cool!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Ooooh! Clever and practical! (We keep our food in a plastic bin, so that fits.)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thats cool, we use to keep our dry food in a bin til someone sat on it and broke the lid. lol So now we try to get the dog food with the zip top bags...

·
Banned
139 Posts
awesome

hey totally love that and with the names its so cool i will have to rip off your idea for my own dog and new puppy (when shes big enough).
did you just use sharpie for the names?:goodpost::doggy::goodpost::clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got a set of raised bowls from petsmart and i think that it was a little expensive but kinda cool since its also adjustable

·
Registered
897 Posts
Im gonna have to do that once Enzo gets a lil older

1 - 20 of 34 Posts