Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wonder what should i put on my puppies ears so they wont get infected ive been puttin neosporin is that good?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yup just leave them be, did the vet send home any antibiotics or anything? we just got a pup done and he is on anibiotics for I think this week. after they dry up and stitches can come out if they look cracked or anything {dry } I use vitamin E lotion and massage them keeps them from cracking.{ but thats after the 10 days when stitches are out}

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ok so i should let them dry its becuase i was giving her ears a massage and i saw yellow stuff on both sides one more than the other

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Do they have stitches in them still? I wouldnt be handling them at all until they heal or you can introduce germs and dirt and cause an infection, if stitches are in just let them be like PK said keep them from rolling in the dirt/mud let them heal. if they are oozing or have discharge like you said you may want to have them looked at by the vet or call them and ask what they recommend.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Ears will sometimes ooze just a bit and you might see some yellow but do not worry unless they smell like infection or the dog is really irritated by them. If they smell or irritated then you most likely have an infection. Do not rub them! It can cause the till the stitches come out or you could pop them open and it takes longer to heal. If you see yellow, again it is normal as long as it is not in large amounts or smells.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no it doesnt smell its not that much so i should just wait for them to come out then its because i my uncle said to put neosporin so they wouldnt get infected at all i used sterilized gloves when i put it on though

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
nah leave the neosporin off , just let it heal on its own.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
they do heal fast if just left alone and kept from getting dirty , I think all of mine had there stitches out around day 10.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts