Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont think I have ever had a dog with an ear infection before but Bailey has been shaking her head and digging at her ears . They are a little red on the inside and smell .

I seen on here where you can make your own infection medicine,like vinegar and peroxide,should I try that ?

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
She probably does.
Idk about all that I have a cocker spaniel and every time all that does is slow the infection down we always have to take her to a vet!
If you don't get it taken care of it can cause permanent damage.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yes you can try that solution, saves a trip to the vet. Works for all my dogs. If you dont notice an improvement you can go get antibiotics. A couple of mine act like it hurts bad and will cry I have to dilute that solution with a bit of water , but I have seen results with all 3 of my dogs who I have tried it on.
And yes sounds like she has an ear infection , the head shaking usually tells me something is going on with them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes you can try that solution, saves a trip to the vet. Works for all my dogs. If you dont notice an improvement you can go get antibiotics. A couple of mine act like it hurts bad and will cry I have to dilute that solution with a bit of water , but I have seen results with all 3 of my dogs who I have tried it on.
And yes sounds like she has an ear infection , the head shaking usually tells me something is going on with them.
Okay thank you . The vets office closed at 3 ,plus its storming bad and its about an hour drive so I hope this works . Today is the first that I have noticed it .

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im having really bad internet connections from this storm,is there anyway someone can post the link to it ? Please . Everytime I go off this page it freezes !

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went to vet for ear infection meds and it didn't work. Made my own with tea tree oil and water (more water than oil) and it worked on my dogs ears (toy poodles are known for bad ear infections). He used be in pain if you touched them and hes dig and they smelled aweful. Just drop like three drops in each ear a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts