Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all I'm new on here just after some info I'm in the uk I have a staff x pitbull Barry is 3 and a half month old was born 12th October 2016.
Mother is a staff (wouldn't say she's pure she's very very leggy for a staff but has a staffy type head) dad is a pitbull I know Barry's dad and grandfather and dad is a big boy but grandfather has a very large head with a lean body.

Barry weighed 7.2 kg at 8 weeks 9.5 kg at 10 weeks 11.2 at 12 weeks and now at nearly 4 months weighs 15.2kg .
I can feel his ribs and he looks to have a waistline,he's a good boy picked up potty training withing a few weeks has a few wee accidents when comes out of his cage (over excited) very good off lead comes when told loves his sticks doesn't bother other dogs or people unless got a stick.

I'm just wondering if his weight is around normal what shall I expect from him in the future wait wise.
His neck is 14inch and his chest is 22inch.

Any tips on getting him to drop items such as his sticks, he won't let go and avoids coming near me and runs around me acting all smug lol!
What are your opinions on what you think does he look more staff or more pit ?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will mention he is on raw feed 50%tripe 50% beef and also tripe with oily fish with a small handful of taste of the wild dry, I give him turkey necks and duck wings as a treat and also for the bone content

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Handsome pup! He looks like he is more American Pit Bull Terrier, but you had better make sure those are legal where you live. However, how he looks now doesn't mean that's how he will look as an adult, and he is mixed, so it doesn't matter.

To get him to drop the sticks, you need to have him on leash, and have either 2 sticks, or a treat. When he gets one stick, call him to you while reeling him in on the leash, and then offer the treat or the other stick. When/if he lets go, say "OUT," or whichever command you want to use, and give him the treat or the other stick. Toss the stick he gave you, start again. If he won't let go of the stick for what you are offering, you need to find something of higher value that he will release it for. (Hot Dog, tug toy, etc.)

I believe you double their weight at 4 months to get an approximation of their adult weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply unfortunately apbt are banned in UK having said that his grandfather is registered as a abpt, have to have them insured tattood muzzled in public and some sort of public liability incase he causes damages.
He's been to vets and he's down as a American bulldog x staffy so far no questions asked.

Ok he's very food motive as that's what I learnt his basic commands with so I will be trying it with that thank you very much for the response

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
He's a gorgeous dog but looks more AmStaff to me. He looks big for an APBT but obviously there's no way to know for sure. Are you on social media at all?There is a guy I follow who has an exempted APBT in the UK who is a huge advocate and would be able to help you if you have any issues. I know his girl, Indy, is an exempted APBT and she has to be muzzled and had to undergo temperament testing to be exempted. I would be careful, from what I understand they can take your dog just because they *think* it *looks* like a banned dog and it can be very costly to get the dog back. That's just my understanding and I would HATE to see you lose your beautiful boy!

~Jess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts