Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long should i wait to give kane water or food after a good hard workout on a moderately hot day we did spring pole work, flirt pole and a lil fetch! we came in and hes panting really bad to cool off but i heard its bad to give them water or food immedietly after bc of bloat!? so i was looking for some opinions! thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
water you should give always, food wait til the dog is breathing normal again or 30 minutes after workout to feed.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Whoever told you that is crazy with regard to witholding water!! I personally wait at least a half hour before/after working out to feed but water should ALWAYS be available. (others prefer to wait up to an hour) Just when I think my girl is 'done' playing fetch, she hits the water bowl and comes back for another round

·
Registered
76 Posts
I always have water available at their discretion, but wait around 45 min before or after heavy exercise before giving them food.

If you think your dog is too hot, take the hose and spray them down...Under their belly and armpits mostly, will cool them down quicker.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
if your trying to build and condition your dog, doing the flirtpole 1 day and then the spring pole another day would be more effective.
they build muscle like us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts