Go Pitbull Forums banner

Introducing Ranger

4K views 53 replies 7 participants last post by  jttar 
#1 ·
Hey all. Spent all day yesterday driving back and forth to pick up my new boy. He is an OFRN APBT and named Ranger as in Joe's Red Ranger. I have been following the liter on a daily basis since they were "on the ground" and several weeks ago put a deposit down on a male. Picks were yesterday as the pups are 9 weeks. Here are a few pictures to introduce him.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Comfort

Dog Working animal Carnivore Dog breed Liver

Dog Dog breed Working animal Carnivore Collar
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Liver Working animal

and a picture of the dam and sire

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Pet supply

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#36 ·
LMAO!! I have a cat that attacks the TP when I have company over. Puppies are awesome! I still have the fever. He is adorable still and looks like he's starting to fill in a bit from the lanky stage. I love him and his name. Thank you for posting pics. Made my day!

#38 ·
Time for some new Ranger pictures. He is stunning as ever and super athletic in everything he does, also very driven, no matter what it is. From the time I opened the pool this year he has been obsessed with the water. He loves going under the sprinklers or getting sprayed with the hose, but his real passion is swimming. I bought him a vest even though he doesn't need one and taught him that he doesn't go in the pool unless the vest is on. So far so good. He will go over by the pool and look in but he only dives in when he has his vest on. Of course, my dogs don't go out without me in the yard with them, but I don't want him jumping in the water and then coming in the house. Anyway, some pics and a short video.
Thanks for the look.

Dog Green Working animal Liver Carnivore

Dog Plant Carnivore Working animal Dog breed

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Liver

Dog Green Window Carnivore Plant

This post has been deleted
#42 ·
Thanks Mac! I drove to Indiana this morning and picked up my 7 and 11 YO grand girls to bring back to stay the weekend. Linda, the 17 YO that lives with us and her two younger sisters formed a circle and were dancing to the music in the pool. Ranger dives in and got right in the middle of them. They were laughing so hard playing "ring around the Ranger". He swims without an off switch and loves just doing laps back and forth. The nice part is it tires the hell out of him. After I rinse him and dry him off, he hits his bed and rests.
Glad to have input, as always.

#44 ·
Some new Ranger pics. He loves to swim but even more to distance jump into the pool. He has his green Tug of War toy that floats, we flip it in the air, and he jumps for it, often catching it. He then swims to the stairs or the ladder, gets out (self-taught on the ladder), drops his toy on the side and the game repeats, endlessly.

Water Cloud Sky Plant Swimming pool

Climbing Out after catch

Dog Water Blue Dog breed Carnivore

Intensity tracking his toy down after a miss catch

Water Dog Blue Dog breed Swimming pool

Still loves being with Athena whether she likes it or not :LOL:

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Wood

Not in the pool pic

Dog Working animal Carnivore Liver Collar

#46 ·
Thanks for the comments, Mac. I like the way his ears are, still a bit floppy, but his head hasn't popped yet. He is a handsome boy. Still has a lot to learn. He is getting better with less pulling on the leash on walks. He absolutely loves Athena and is great with her BUT he wants to go after every other dog he sees. Hair standing straight up on his back and fixated on trying to get to the other dog. Twice he has been charged at by loose dogs whose owners didn't have them leashed; you know those privileged people who feel their dog doesn't need to be tethered. I had all I could do to contain him, luckily with no contact with each other. So, high dog aggression but I'm working at the "leave it" and look at me" commands. He hasn't had the socialization that I would like to give him but with the way he behaves I can't encourage someone to "sacrifice" their dog right now. :LOL: He is only 10 months old and still a work in progress.

#47 ·
Oh they're a handful at that age. Geach was a holy terror and all of a sudden went "deaf" around that time. Torc started that early. I'm glad Ranger is good with Athena though. She's probably taught him a lot and will keep teaching him until he's too big. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.