Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone at GP! I am pretty much brand new to this forum and have yet to make an introduction. I have been reading and doing research through this forum for about 2 months now(basically ever since I got my very first own APBT=]) His name is W.S. and we are from San Jose, CA. He is a blue brindle and handsome looking boy!I love him so much and look forward to growing older with him lol. At 4 monthsish he is around 36-40 pounds and fullgrown maybe around 80? His dad was around 100 pounds and his mom is around 75 so he should be a pretty big dog. I included a few pics the first 2 are from around 8 weeks and the last one is the most recent one(he is about 4 months in that picture.) Well, I'll be looking forward to meeting everyone and learning a lot from this community.

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
Hello and welcome, cute pup but I'm putting my money that if the parents were that big you infact have yourself an American Bullie not a APBT. :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Apbt's don't weight 100 lbs so yes, American bully. Does he have papers? Welcome to GP :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cute pup ,his size doesnt make him an american bully though would need to see the ped , without that he could be anything.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Apbt's don't weight 100 lbs so yes, American bully. Does he have papers? Welcome to GP :)
i agree, if hes papered then cool. how do you know dad was 100lbs? was that eyeballing or was that a real weight using a scale? i ask because everyone who meets my dog thinks hes 75lbs+ and hes barely 50, usually around 47ish.

also, dont let the papers being adba or ukc fool you. those regs have been screwed up and youll see bullies with apbt papers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm..ok thanks for that information I never thought that aout bullies. I'm not 100% sure his aprents were that size I coulda been mislead into thinking that by the breeder to convince me to buy him(size doesn't really matter to me I fell in love with his coat.) I don't got papers on him or nething but his dad was pretty big. Do you guys think he could be mixed with mastiff or something I heard a couple people say that about him. I'm just goin off from the info provided to me lol.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Hmm..ok thanks for that information I never thought that aout bullies. I'm not 100% sure his aprents were that size I coulda been mislead into thinking that by the breeder to convince me to buy him(size doesn't really matter to me I fell in love with his coat.) I don't got papers on him or nething but his dad was pretty big. Do you guys think he could be mixed with mastiff or something I heard a couple people say that about him. I'm just goin off from the info provided to me lol.
i dont see mast in him but some times you have to wait and those traits pop up as they get older.

so the breeder didnt give you papers or anything? =(

regardless of what your dog is, work him. im sick of seeing athletic breeds or mixes that are plump or outright to fat. you work that dog and hell look amazing, not to mention feel amazing and live longer.

rolls is a lil to plump for my taste, dont like how rangy his back end looks

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Very cute! Welcome to GoPitbull ;)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
If you don't have papers or don't have any knowledge of what went into him than for all you know hes a mix. Most APBT's fit in the 30 - 50lbs range, though some have been as small as 25lbs and other have been as large as 70ish pounds. The APBT is not defined by appearance, there is a standard that many fall into however these dogs are working dogs. The heart of the breed is their drive and performance.

Given that AmBullies are more so defined by appearance, as they are a show breed.. If i had to guess your pup probably has a good bit of Bully if not fully.. But you will never know 100% so with that said if you want to name him under something i would say hes a Bully mix.

I don't see any Mastiff in your dog, so i would doubt it. Though with the sire being 100lbs, who knows what went into that dog.

Love him and care for him. You chose him for a reason.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmm...so you tihnk he might be an amstaff/mix or american bully mix? I have a pics of the parents Ill post em up and tell me what u think

the sire is the top and the dame is the bottom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
He is a very sweet and loving dog, if not even a lil timid. I let him play with my friends older pitbulls (around 3 years) and they play pretty rough on him pretty much all the older dogs play pretty rough on him. He'll be kinda timid for about 5-10 minutes and after that he'll start playing back not agggressively but firmyl. He's even managed to flip a few dogs 2 times his size lol(I'm pretty sure they let him playfully but its the fact that he has game in him i guess u would call it) at least thats what I see a lot of my friends say that too lol. Hes a really ncie dog, but hes no punk. He's usually the last one playing lol

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
theres no way either of those dogs are over 70lbs

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
He is a very sweet and loving dog, if not even a lil timid. I let him play with my friends older pitbulls (around 3 years) and they play pretty rough on him pretty much all the older dogs play pretty rough on him. He'll be kinda timid for about 5-10 minutes and after that he'll start playing back not agggressively but firmyl. He's even managed to flip a few dogs 2 times his size lol(I'm pretty sure they let him playfully but its the fact that he has game in him i guess u would call it) at least thats what I see a lot of my friends say that too lol. Hes a really ncie dog, but hes no punk. He's usually the last one playing lol
I wouldn't say he has "game" because he is playing rough with other dogs but I would watch out letting him play with your friends adult male dogs. Here is a link so you can read up on the definition of what real game is.
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/31437-what-gameness.html

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
PhantomRolls should have been names Canada cause it looks like a maple leaf on his chest :p

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
the parents dont look bully to me at all they look apbt or abpt cross , really no way to tell though without papers. He is a really cute pup and im sure he will be a great pet :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts