Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have been a member for awhile but have not introduced myself before now...My name is Marla and I am a dog lover and apparently a stray dog magnet. We have four dogs. A female/fixed Schnauzer mix (she was an OPPS dog. Mom was a purebreed and dad was a wired haired cattle dog she accidentally mated with) I actually bought her when she was a pup for 25.00 from a add in our local paper 10 years ago. She is the only dog I have ever actually bought. Then came our male/neutered Shepard mix (He found me at a bar on New Years Eve 9 years ago...was standing out side and he came right up to me and sat at my feet he was very skinny and covered in grease but he had a collar so my husband told me to leave him alone and we went back inside...flash forward to bar closing time and we stopped by a near by truck stop for some beer and low and behold guess who was sitting out side the electronic doors. My husband went in and asked them if they knew who's dog he was and was told that someone had dumped him there a week before...We gave them our number and told them we were taking the dog and if anyone came in asking about him to give them our number. We never heard from anyone and he became MINE. Vet said he was about 18 months old when we got him. Then there is our Black lab he just showed up in our front yard about two years ago...had on a collar and was dragging a rope behind him. He was very skinny and had the worst case of fleas I had ever seen and had a large hump on his back. We brought him in and cleaned and fattened him up and posted flyers, and put adds in the paper but no one ever claimed him...he was already fixed when we got him and they vet thinks he is about 6 years old the hump was a non cancerious fatty tumor. Then comes my Pride and joy...Sunday She is a Purebreed APBT that we got from one of my husbands friends on Superbowl Sunday in 2009. I had no intention of getting another dog and had actually never even thought about wanting a APBT but when we went over there I saw her and it was LOVE at first sight. They were trying to sell her for 350.00 but nobody had shown any interest in her so the guy told me if I wanted her I could have her. My husband says she was the throw away dog of the litter...So she went from throw away puppy to My pride and joy that day. My husband had Red nosed pitbulls before I met him but she is my first. It has been an adventure and a learning experience for me this last year and a half...She is the most playfull, loving, strong willed, cuddly, sweet puppy I have ever had. She has of yet never shown any Dog Aggression or for that matter any Aggression what so ever. If her toy goes over by one of the other dogs she will lay her head on her paws and cry instead of even trying to go get it. She play bowes and tries to lick every dog or person she meets. I am aware that this may change and am forever vigilent in watching for signs. I really like this forum and have found lots of helpfull information. Anyway that Is me and my Pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello! Nice to meet you.
My name is Bridgit.
I've had a few dogs.
All in which are deceased do to age or hit and runs....
I have a Chihuhua which is probably 3 or 4. She is a skitzer that needed a home, so we took her in... Her tags said she was from Wisconsin... We called and they don't know how she ended up in Texas, but they were getting rid of her anyways...

My new love Miss Sweet Kandi, my 4 month old American Bully that my boyfriend bought me for my birthday and my son's birthday. She is the daughter I never had...

Nice to meet you! I am always on the threads since I've joined. I guess I have bully fever. LOL

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
A. Your dogs are super cute.
B. You have a heart of gold.
C. Welcome to GP.
Thank you for finally introducing yourself and sharing pics of your beautiful family. :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
they are all adorable!! welcome to GP :D

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
You sound like me, what with all the formerly unwanted pets :D
My pack is very large too, for my small family. But I enjoy each and every day with them.
I have
Keira- APBT
Caesar-GSD
Selphie- Small terrier most likely a mix, but looks like a Rat terrier.
Poe- 9 year old cat
Maverick- 1 year old cat
and Osiris...he's a Ball Python. lol :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the Welcomes....My pack definately keeps me busy but could not imagine life without each and every one of them...When I come home at night for five minutes I am sure I am the most LOVED person in the world and I am never lonely...LOL.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome to GP!! Hope you enjoy it here :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts