Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I think I've mentioned before that I'm a medical courier and drive all over for work and see all kinds of crazy stuff the Bay Area has to offer.

So I'm driving in Oakland towards Berkeley literally 45 mins ago and I see a young boy running down the sidewalk. Couldn't have been more 12 or 13. Well he's running along and just trips and falls about 8 ft from a lady walking her pitbull. The dog then starts barking pretty hard at the kid and is literally jumping and lunging towards him. The 8 ft turned into 3 ft in a split second when the dog did the first lunge. As this is happening, the lady is just holding the stretched out leash and clutching her coffee, careful not to spill it. I don't see her shortening the leash or making any attempts to correct the dog all the while the kid is still on the ground hesitant to get up. Can't blame him, if I was as young as him, I'd be a little nervous to move when I'm face to face with a big dog eye balling me like that.

I was soooooo pissed, still am, to just see her not really do anything. I wanted to pull over and tell her "Stop being a *insert creative word*, drop your coffee, shorten the leash, and ask the kid if he's ok! Then apologize to him about your dog barking at him like that." I mean, it just seemed like it was so close to being one of those headlines that you always hear about. "Pitbull attacks child while walking home." The lady just seemed much more interested in not spilling her coffee than keeping her dog close.

SMH.. Just had to rant a bit.

Reactions: dmcfall13

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, if smacking idiots was allowed, wed see a lot more people with black eyes lol.

But man, I felt bad for the kid a bit.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
people are stupid! some people just shouldnt own dogs!

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
I wish you would have gaqnked the ho!!that was almost a tragedy.if thaqt dog triggered,like thaqt when the kid went down,he was deffinately in prey mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts