Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think?

he has been resting for two weeks because I thought he damaged his back leg but it turned out to be a muscle pull thank god.

He weighed 78 pounds at the vet's this Saturday, he eats two cups of taste of the wild a day.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
He doesn't look fat, but he could use some toning. Start shaping into what you want.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
He looks like he has an nice hrglass shape. He might benefit from a little additional muscle toning.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
wow, david i would have never guessed that was bernie! He looks great at 78 pounds!

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys he had an injury going on so I stopped working him. We also shedded a lot of weight so I am going to start back up slow on him, this is the week of the injury:

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess his brindle coloring doesn't help revealing his muscle tone though lol

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Brindle dogs are difficult to photograph well. Cree is stacked like a brick house, but it doesn't really give you any incling of an idea of what he looks like in person through even HD photos.

He also may just not have the genetics to be seriously cut up.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I guess his brindle coloring doesn't help revealing his muscle tone though lol
Brindle is very hard to photograph lol..It just does not show muscle. One reason it is hard to conformation show as well.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I think he looks really good. It is hard to tell in a picture. I have the same troule with my black girl need good lighting and good background. I guess you have to go by how he looks to you do you see fat on him or is he lean only you can judge that.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the criticism I am happy it appears that Bernie is no longer fat :)

This angle of light is good and shows some muscle definition but this is when he was thicker though. I have to get the sun at the right time to have a good shot lol

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I find it's easiest to get the muscle tone shots right as the sun is coming up or when the sun starts to go down. You get the shadowing necessary to emphasize in the right spots.

EDIT: on a sunny day

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Look at how chubby he was !

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Every time I see him, I can't help staring at his big ole head, lol. :)

And I can't believe you only feed him 2 cups of TOTW. Kane eats 3, almost 3.5 on his more active days. I wonder if I'm over-feeding him. :(

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
So at least I know I wasn't the only one- every pic I take of my boy doesn't look as defined as he really Is. Not quite where I want him but far from fat

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Btw he looks much better David

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Every time I see him, I can't help staring at his big ole head, lol. :)

And I can't believe you only feed him 2 cups of TOTW. Kane eats 3, almost 3.5 on his more active days. I wonder if I'm over-feeding him. :(

Every dog is different, how old is your boy? I can feel bernies ribs when he is standing straight. I still want to lean him out a little more and hopefully serious weight pulling will finish him up.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So at least I know I wasn't the only one- every pic I take of my boy doesn't look as defined as he really Is. Not quite where I want him but far from fat
Yeah pics dOnt do him justice everyone that meets him say he is huge but to me he looks small lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts