Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friends that always wants to give leo a bone when i go to his house but i always tell him NO. Im wondering if he could have one maybe when his older??or Never??? Can i get some info plz?

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
raw bone, yes.. cooked bone, no

Reactions: Kingsgurl

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
What kind of bone? Nothing cooked?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
depends on the type of bone too , but yes only raw.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Our dogs get big thigh bones (raw) every now and again. You still have to watch them though because they still splinter the raw ones too. Just make sure to take the pieces away from them.

Reactions: Kingsgurl

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
any bone mostly chicken bones are ok? raw
all but the wings, I have heard. Wings are too little raw or not (but someone may correct me if they know more than heresy)

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
I also read that the amount of lead in the water has gotten to terrible level in the last 10-20 years. the lead cows and other animals drink gets deposited in their bones, so maybe giving them any bones isn't the best due to all the lead in them... Just a thought, not sure how credible the data was.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Try to avoid weight baring bones of large animals like cows or buffalo, and I personally avoid small chicken bones (like necks or wings) to avoid the risk of choking

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I do marrow bones for my dog, I like them long enough she can have fun with the marrow and afterwards it'll last her a while.

Nothing to heavy because of the tile floors.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Here is Zorro enjoying his brand new antler. The "bone" of choice for me.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I feed my dogs quartered chickens with the wings attached (raw) The small bones don't provide a choking hazard that way. Bones can be awesome for keeping teeth clean and giving your dog the chewing enjoyment he craves. I have had dogs fracture teeth on the weight bearing bones (though one of those was my dog aggressive bitch, so no one mourned the loss of those canines) Raw meaty bones are a highlight here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All the hunters in my neighborhood bring me deer caresses, rabbits, squirrels(minus back legs on squirrels /rabbits)and I shoot a few ground hogs.Feed all this raw along with regular kibble.Dogs love it!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I also do the chicken, but frozen. That way it lasts longer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts